Fourteen

Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Main Society Headquarters
26 January 2025
01:54

"Paige," someone shook her awake. "Paige, get up we need to go."

Glancing up, she saw a pair of deep blue eyes staring down at her. She instantly knew who it was.

"Lincoln?" She asked, all traces of exhaustion fading away. "Go where?"

"To the mansion. Let's go. I'll explain stuff later."

Paige wasn't even going to ask why. She was ready to go. Her stuff was packed and within seconds, she was on her feet. She wasn't like many agents you read about in books or watch in TV. She wasn't the type to ask for a reason or let alone not leave until getting one. Working in the Society isn't that easy. You wait for an answer, you die. When someone tells you to go, you go. No explanation needed.

All the floors were dimly lit except for the bottom two which were bright as daylight.

"Stay right here," Lincoln uttered as he pushed her into a corner. "We can't go down there. We'll get caught. I'm just going to get Stray Kids, Cassidy and Kyla then we'll go, alright?"

"Cassidy and Kyla are here?"

He nodded.

"Cassidy arrived a bit after you arrived, she has just been helping out around the agency. Kyla arrived late last night."

It took about ten more minutes until everyone was waiting on the third floor. Cassidy and Kyla, despite getting any sleep, looked wide awake while the Stray Kids boys just looked like they'd rather be in the warm of their beds. Paige noted at that moment that none of them were morning people. Or just simply weren't ecstatic at the fact they were woken up this early.

She glanced at her sister's old teammates. They were a lot older than she remembered and their faces were giving that away. She noticrd how Cassidy tried to maintain a friendly smile while Kyla kept a cold, bitter guard up. She peered at the boys in uncertainty then practically glared Lincoln down. What could have possibly happened to her? Paige wondered. I mean obviously Janey's death played a part but that alone couldn't have been enough to change her this much.

As soon as Kyla's gaze met Paige, it softened and she swore she saw a glimpse of the old happier Kyla. No, not Kyla. She saw Blake.

"Are you guys any good with abseiling?" Lincoln smirked. All the members of the Society are taught how to abseil as soon as they enter or reach a certain age. This fact remains whether the individual is an agent or simply a chef. You never know when an attack will happen.

Stray Kids, on the other hand, had no knowledge whatsoever when it came to climbing down buildings. Not even the three former Society members.

Lincoln passed Paige the rope.

"I need to get something from my office. Teach them how to do it."

When she turned her head to everyone else once he had left, she was met with eleven pairs of eyes digging into her soul. Cassidy's smile seemed to grow and Kyla smirked a bit before going back to her nonchalant expression.

Apart from Han and I.N and the boys she grew up with, she hadn't talk to the Stray Kids members. She spent most of the past few days hidden in her dorm of Lincoln's office.