Chapter 3 ~ Roses are red so violets feel blue

I felt so stupid. Of course she didnt want to see me. She probably didn't even forget to come and see me. She just didn't want to. I headed home to clear my head.

I didn't notice the missing posters on my way to work. For once I didn't recognise the red hair and green eyes that had haunted my life. It was only when Daisy told me that it was Rose in the missing posters that I finally snapped.
"I don't care about her." I said. "She probably just left and forgot to mention she was leaving."
Daisy shrugged and left me to my thoughts.

And that's when I saw it.

An arm was hanging out of the A-C bookcase.

I frowned and went to investigate.

But I regretted it. I wished I hadn't been the one to discover my sister's body.

I wasn't sure what else to do so I just screamed. Daisy came running through and gasped when she saw Rose. But then I realised something else was wrong. The arm hanging out of the bookcase was Rose's left arm. When Rose was younger, she once fell out of a tree, trying to receive a kite which had been ensnared by this tree. She now had a long scar running up her left arm. But this Rose didn't have a scar. Instead, she had a birthmark I'd never seen before.

This wasn't my sister. This was an imposter. That meant Rose was still out there. And I had to find her.

roses are redOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara