I let out a deep breath of air, closing my eyes. “It was just Alex’s psycho ex-girlfriend.” I murmured.

                Clarice’s mouth dropped. “That bitch!” she hissed under her breath. “Okay, now she’s going to have to deal with a pregnant woman!”

                I let out a low laugh, shaking my head. “Don’t worry about it, Clarice.”

                Clarice raised her eyebrow, shaking her head. “You’re kidding.” She snapped. “Don’t worry about it? She slapped my best friend!”

                My heart skipped a beat, as I did a double take to her.

                Best friend?

                I licked my dry lips, staring at her with a blank face.

                Did she just call the two of us best friends?

                Clarice stared at me awkwardly, clearing her throat. “Sorry, I-“

                I cut her off, giving her a small smile. I was helping her through her pregnancy, and we’ve grown closer because of it. We reconnected, and I did consider her pretty close to me now. Maybe it was time I moved on. Maybe it was time I let go of that grudge I was holding against her. She was human, after all.

                “No.” I smiled. “Best friends. We’re best friends.”

                A grin spread its way across Clarice’s face, as she leapt in her seat. She held my arm, eyes glistening with so much happiness. This was the most happy I’ve seen her since she found out she was knocked up. And, I was pretty damn proud that I was the reason of it.

                “Now,” Clarice said, staring up her car again, “I think we should go celebrate with a Big Mac.”

                I frowned, staring at her with eyebrows rose. “Big Macs? Clarice you’re pregnant. That stuff has no nutritional value.”

                Clarice scoffed, rolling her eyes. “Since when have I ever followed the rules, Aerial?”

                I smiled at the thought of her always being the rebellious one out of the two of us. In junior high, Clarice was the one who always got the both of us in trouble. She was always the one who didn’t do her homework, talked back to teachers, and punch anyone who was mean to me.

                “Fine.” I smiled, giving her a warningly look. “Just this once.”

                We got our Big Macs to go, and decided to eat them while we drove to the mall. “We need outfits for Aubrey’s party tomorrow night.” Clarice told me, as she munched away on her burger, which she bought three of. Being pregnant really boosted up her appetite. The cashier at McDonald’s even gave her a strange look when she made the order.