2. Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids

September 1st, 1996
(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I woke up from my slumber this morning to my poster covered ceiling.
I could tell it was quite a chilly day judging by the cool breeze blowing in from the window beside my bed.

When I looked over at the clock on my nightstand I noticed something on my window sill.
I got up from my bed and to see that it was a bouquet of dead orchids.
That was all that was there, no note or anything.
Curious as to where the flowers came from I paged Miranda to see if she knew where they came from.

Maybe she left them here as a joke?

About 30 minutes later Miranda called me and I told her about the flowers. She said she didn't leave them there and she didn't know where they came from.

Miranda ended up coming over to my house and we started thinking of people who could've left them.

We decided to go to our friend Billy's house to ask him if he left the flowers at my window.

We knocked on the door and a few seconds later Billy opened the door.

"Hey guy's what's up?"

"Nothing much we just came to ask... By any chance, did you leave some flowers on my window sill?" I felt silly asking.

"Nope I uh, can't say that i have" He chuckled "but hey are you two doing anything tonight?"

Miranda and I shook our heads no.

"Well do you guys wanna come with me and Johnny to Dead Orchids tonight?"

After hearing the words "dead orchids" i knew that it had to have been Billy who put the flowers on my window sill because the flowers were after all, dead orchids.
But before I go on I must inform you that "Dead Orchids" is the name of a goth club we always go to.

"Billy are you messing with me?"

"No, why?"

"Because the flowers on my window sill were dead orchids and you just asked us if we wanted to go to dead orchids." I crossed my arms.

"It wasn't me who left them I swear, it wasn't me trying to spook you or anything I promise." He said sounding sincere.

"Okay I believe you, but now I don't have a clue who could've left the flowers. You, Miranda and Johnny are the only people that know where I live."

"Hm, well I'll ask Johnny about it when he gets here. In the mean time, you guys get ready and I'll pick you guys up at around 6:30." Billy instructed.

"Okay Bill, see ya then." Miranda and I said goodbye to Billy then made our way back to my house.

(A/N: Dani will be introduced in the story soon I promise😬)