Chapter 30 - Fire Meets Water

Avelyn's POV

"Stop it!" I scream, but Coco doesn't let up, his tickling relentless.

"Take it back first!" He shouts back over my loud laughing.

"Okay, okay! I take it back, alright!" I gasp through my fit of laughter. "You're the hottest guy I've ever seen!" This makes him stop instantly, smiling down at me smugly.

"You're damn right I am, and don't you forget it."

I roll my eyes, still sore from when his fingers were practically digging into my skin. We were joking around about ten minutes ago while watching TV, and I'd seen this one guy that I thought was cute. I voiced my thoughts, and Cole practically challenged me. Telling me if I didn't take it back that I'd regret it.

I don't regret a thing.

"Whatever," I grumble. "Now get off of me, asshat. You're heavy." He huffs but does as told, still smirking victoriously.

"When are Xavier and Ash gonna be back from the store?" I ask him while sitting up, my hands resting on the couch below me for support.

"I don't know, actually. But it shouldn't be too much longer. They're only getting groceries," he shrugs, and I nod.

"Okay, well, what are we going to do until they get back?" He shrugs again, but suddenly looks like he's had an idea.

"We should prank them!" He suggests enthusiastically. I nod vigorously.

"That's a great idea! But, what would we do?"

"Follow me, I have an idea." I nod and stand from my spot on the couch, giggling as he drags me up the stairs. He leads me to Xavier's old room--the one he slept in before I came along. He still uses it for the bathroom and closet that are attached to it to take showers and get ready in; he just doesn't sleep in it.

"What are we doing here?" I quiz, my head tilting and my nose scrunching in confusion. He turns back to me and chuckles.

"Y'know, you look like a cute little kitten when you do that. My kitten," he smirks at his revelation.

I snort, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Now tell me already. What is it that you have planned?"

His smirk turns into a wide grin, and he wiggles his brows mischievously. "Well, if you'll follow me right this way, I'll show you."

I laugh as he leads me to the bathroom connected to Xavier's room, still curious as to what he has planned. With Cole's bubbly personality, I'm honestly not surprised he's the prankster of the bunch.

Walking into Xavier's bathroom, I'm surrounded by the smell of musk and masculinity; it smells like him, just a lot more powerful. It's almost overwhelming, to be honest. But Cole doesn't let that stop him from reaching into one of the cabinets under the sink and pulling out a lime green box.

"Is that what I think it is?" I ask, pointing at the colorful box.

"Sure is, kitten," he nods, a playful glint in his fire eyes.

"How did you even manage to hide that in there?" I question while raising a brow.

He shrugs. "I have my ways. Now, enough questions. Are you gonna help me or what?"

I suddenly become a little apprehensive, unsure if we should be doing this or not. Cole notices this and sighs.

"Don't worry, Ava. It's only temporary, and I have something to remove the color, anyway."

"Fine, but if he gets mad, I'm blaming it on you," I grumble, but he fist pumps the air victoriously.

"Hell yeah!" He exclaims. "All we have to do is put some of this in his shampoo bottle, and voila! Next time he takes a shower, he'll be so surprised when he sees himself in the mirror--red hair turned green," he informs while pulling out a green tube from the box.