Character Analysis - Lizzie Saltzman

     Full Name: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Saltzman

     Birthday: March 15, 2014

     Species: Siphon/Witch

     Relations: Saltzman family (Alaric), Parker family (Jo), Forbes family (Caroline), Salvatore family (Caroline and Stefan), Gemini Coven (Jo), and Salvatore School student.

     Baby – Toddler in Season 7 (2014 – 2017)

     Toddler in Season 8 (2017 – 2018)

     Teenager in The Originals Season 5 (2027)

     Teenager in Legacies Season 1 (2029)

     Lizzie Saltzman is the daughter of Alaric Saltzman and Caroline Forbes-Salvatore, and biological daughter of Jo Laughlin. She is a siphon; an extremely rare form of witch. She has to siphon magic from someone or something to preform a spell.

     (Lizzie's history throughout The Vampire Diaries and The Originals is exactly the same as Josie's. If you want the little recap, please see "Character Analysis – Josie Saltzman" for the details. I don't want to retype everything.)

     When it comes to Lizzie, she is classified as an incredibly complex character. As a powerful fifteen-year-old, now sixteen, with a complicated past, Lizzie has a lot to live up to. Her amazing and put together mother, Caroline Forbes-Salvatore, and her calm and collected twin sister, Josie Saltzman.

     On top of that, Lizzie feels that she has to compete with Hope Mikaelson for the affection of her father, Alaric Saltzman. She is extremely jealous of the relationship they share. She simply wants to spend more time with her father, considering her mother is often away for long periods of time on "recruitment missions". In reality, Caroline is searching for a way to save her daughters from the Gemini Merge on the twins twenty-second birthday.

     Lizzie comes across as the stereotypical high school mean girl. She obsesses over boys, clothes, and her overall reputation in the Salvatore School, as well as Mystic Falls. But deep down, she cares deeply about her sister, father, mother, and her classmates to point of putting herself in harms way.

     Lizzie experiences intense mood swings and outbursts that have the potential of hurting others. As apart of the Gemini Coven, she is corrupted by the magic that flows through her veins. Along with the unstable power, Lizzie is canonically diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, meaning she cannot always control her emotions. This combination has the ability to destroy her and cause an inevitable breakdown that may bring everyone else down with her.

Comment some suggestions for what I should post next.

-Jordan

Information mentioned in this chapter can be found at vampirediaries.fandom.com