8

The afternoon sun beamed through the vaguely tinted windows of the Vista Cruiser. In the backseats Kevin lay sprawled across Fangs' chest, their one blanket tangled between their legs. The Serpent boy's face smushed up against the window, as drool trickled down the frosted glass.

In the bed of the trunk were Cheryl and Toni, the smaller girl pretty much laying on top of the redhead; with her face tucked in the crook of her neck. Unlike the boys, they actually looked comfortable and serene. They definitely weren't going to be the ones waking up with a stiff neck.

Kevin woke up furrowing his eyebrows at the unusual bright lighting he could vividly make out through his eyelids, he wanted to wake up at seven so there was no reason for it to be this blinding at this time in the morning.

He shot up from his spot on his boyfriend's chest frantically searching around the car for his phone. Based on the amount of cars passing by the rest stop and the lighting he knew right away that it had to be sometime past twelve.

"Fuck fuck fuck," he whispered throwing the blanket off his legs, where his phone tumbled out of it to land on the floor. He quickly leaned forward to pick it up, dropping it immediately seeing that it was half passed twelve.

"Fangs, get up." The boy pushed on his boyfriend's shoulder getting a confused Serpent with messy hair looking around the car.

The Serpent boy rubbed his eyes, "What do you want?" He grumbled.

Kevin climbed into the driver's seat, accidentally kicking Fangs' leg in the process. "It's twelve-thirty. We were supposed to leave almost six hours ago."

This wasn't really much of a problem to Fangs, but he could see how stressed and annoyed Kevin was. He leaned over the backseat to look into the trunk, smacking Toni with his pillow.

The pink-haired girl waved him off, not making any effort to get up. "Leave me alone, asshole," her words were muffled by Cheryl's neck.

"No, Toni. You need to get up now, we're running behind schedule."

The small girl groaned lifting herself up on her elbows, where she looked over to see the redhead peacefully sleeping. She had a few strands of hair skewed across her face, but this girl definitely was a sight for sore eyes.

"Wake your girlfriend up, freak." Fangs muttered as he got out of the car, only to return but in the passenger seat.

The small girl sighed, shaking her head. "As much as I like how those words sound, she's not my girlfriend." Toni gently brushed the hairs off  Cheryl's face with the pads of her thumb, carefully tracing the soft skin beneath it. "Is there any possible way we could just stay back here?"

Fangs turned to his boyfriend, his face shining with hope. "That's actually a great idea, Kev! None of us will bother you, and we won't complain about being uncomfortable."

"Oh wow, Fangs. That sounds amazing! Except for the part where I have a chance of getting pulled over! What's wrong with you?" Kevin rolled his eyes. He looked over to Fangs who looked out the window frowning as cars sped by.

Kevin could tell how quickly his boyfriend's mood changed without the boy even saying a word. One second he was filled with excitement, then the next he could barely look at Kevin.

"Fangs," Kevin carefully started, "I'm sorry. You guys can stay in the back, even if it risks me getting a ticket."

"Okay good, because Cheryl looks adorable when she's sleeping." Toni began, getting questioning looks from the two boys in the front seats about the words that just left her mouth. "Oh, I mean, she looks adorable all the time-forget I said anything." She facepalmed while shaking her head, realizing that's not what the boys were getting at.