"My breath does not smell like ass," he argued, propping himself up on his elbow to look down at me. I immediately yanked my cream colored sheet up over my nose and mouth to block not only his morning breath, by my own as well.

"What died in your mouth?" I faked a gag and he glared at me, his lips puckering in distaste.

"Probably the relative of whatever passed in yours," he challenged, shifting his body so that he was more or less laying on top of me.

"Then why don't you get off of me so that I can brush my damn teeth?"

"Because I'm comfortable, you're a very nice cushion."

"Well this cushion is about to get violent if you don't move your fat ass."

"I think I can take you." He rose a brow in challenge, a wicked grin curling his lips.

"We both know that I could kick your ass—." My sentence was cut off by a sudden shriek bursting from my lips as his icy hands wound their way around my torso, his fingers digging rudely into my sides.

"What are you—?" I was cut off again as he resumed his playful assault, continuously torturing the nerve endings in my body. I was howling in ridiculous fits of laughter and he was grinning like the maniac he was.

"I think you're incapacitated," he chuckled, never ceasing his wayward hands. He dug his fingers into my ribs, making my body buck and twist off of the mattress in futile attempts to get away. His massive form was locking me down and I was stuck, more or less defenseless. I clawed at his hands regardless, tugging on the muscled flesh in a useless attempt to halt his actions.

"Oh my god, Harry, get off!" I shrieked, my never-ending laughter softening my tone as I did my best to kick him away.

"I think I rather like having you like this," he crowed, enjoying my pathetic writhing and uncontrolled frivolity, "You're completely at my mercy— for once."

"Please, stop!" I panted, tears filling my eyes as all of the oxygen was pushed from my lungs in overloud bursts of laughter.

"Oh, so she does have manners."

"Shut up and get off!"

"Nope, I'm enjoying myself."

"Harry!"

"Ask nicely, baby."

"I just did! Not get off of me!"

"I'm not sure I caught it, care to give it another go?"

"If you don't— get off— I'm going to— kill you!" My voice came out in ragged bursts, which only made his smile grow.

"You can try, but I think I have the upper hand at the moment."

"You're insane!"

"Maybe," he laughed, his hands stilling, one moving up to cup my cheek. Whoah. His mood swing was so rapid and intense that it left me reeling as I fought to catch my breath.There was a depth of emotion in his gaze that sobered me immediately. The erratic rise and fall of my chest and the beating of my heart were the only signs of our previous playfulness. Tension filled the air, completely overwhelming the atmosphere of the room and I was brought back to my heady emotional reaction from the day before. I'd never had a chance to ask about that first song he'd played for me and now seemed as good a time as any. Even so, I hesitated. The way he was looking at me, it was like a spell had come over him and I was scared to break it. I opened my mouth, the words staying trapped in my throat before closing it again. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't speak.

"What is it, Darien?" He murmured, brushing the pad of his thumb back and forth across my cheekbone, that same emotion overwhelming me in his gaze.