Mutts

The yellow eyed creature growls at me as I run

  The yellow eyed creature growls at me as I run. There footsteps get louder and I realize they were getting closer. My heart is thudding so loudly I can even function. 

All I can think about is getting to the cornucopia.  

I throw myself up and I am met with gold braids and green eyes.

"Cato, sweetie" She smirks "We have company" 

"Glimmer it was you who was the traitor." I laugh "Shocked but not surprised"

 She tries to punch my face but I grab her fist "Think again, blondie" And I chuck her to the ground. I launch an arrow and almost realese when Cloves arm pulls me back. 

  The knife hits me before I see it. She has already cut my jaw open and I can feel the blood stining my face. Since I can't see she slaps me and I fall onto the medal surface of the cornucopia. She reopens my wound where the arrow hit me in the shoulder and I let out a scream in pain. This is it, this is how I die. I let all of those people down. Game over.

  Clove falls over me, I check her pulse, dead. Cato stands over me and her. 

"Whatever happened to being able to take care of yourself" He chuckles lowly. God I missed his stupid comments. 

"Shut up" I run up to him to hug him but Glimmer steps in front of me. I didn't realize she stabbed me until the pain in my stomach is unbearable.

"Goodbye Rowan." Glimmer says "At least Cato and I can live in peace.

I grab the arrow from my set and plunge it into her heart and Cato pushes her off the cornucopia. "In your dreams" I spit. 

I collapse as I say those words, remembering Glimmers latest injury. It was now pouring blood it was too deep to pull out too. It was quite obvious as Cato was ripping his shirt to try and stop the bleeding. 

"Cato...Cato" I choke out "When you go back to district 12-"

"No, Rowan don't you dare say goodbye. Your going to make it."

"Cato, you've made me feel as though there is actually something to live for. You made me smile and laugh in the middle of chaos. The first time in my life where I didn't have to look over my shoulder constantly was when I was in your arms. You brought me hope when I thought it was all over. Cato you deserve to live. "

"Rowan, stop."

"Forget about me, go on fall in love with someone right for you. Cato I-"

"Rowan you don't understand YOU ARE THE ONE FOR ME! I DID FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU DAMN IT. I love you, okay. You can't leave me here." 

I try to let him know how I feel but my eyes close and I breathe out knowing that was my last breath. 

***

Cato's POV

"You can't leave me here." I cry holding back obvious sobs. The cannon fires and I lose it. The love of my life is gone. Gone. I scream and yell and they announce me as the winner but I don't even care. 

I climb the hovercraft and make an attempt to kill one of the nurses. But they plunge a syringe into my shoulder and the world goes black.

Hey guys! I cried writing this chapter. Have fun sorry for not updating midterms suck. I'm sorry  they are finally over. I can live in peace. So enjoy. XOXO -Serena