Reunited

Cato's POV

    I sit in the hospital bed in a daze thinking about what had just happened. Rowan is dead, I have to accept I will never see her beautiful smile again. I can't accept that though. I will never let go of her. I will forever be obssed about her. I will always miss that piece of my heart that stings because she is not there to fill it.

"How are you doing, Cato." Haymitch comes in and asks.

I don't say anything, I haven't in days.

"You know, you weren't the only person who lost her." He starts "Do you know the state Katniss  is in."

I sigh "Can't imagine." I haven't talked to Katniss, or Haymitch for that matter,

   He grunts in frustration "Don't you see it, or hear it or something. The Capitol is in riots because of Rowan's death. They see the condition your in and they can't stand it, Cato I think they're going to have to bring her back."

"Don't mess around with me , Haymitch."

"Fine, have it your way." He turns to leave then stops "Get your act together, interview is tonight." I just roll over and fall back into my gaze.

***

  When I'm all dressed up I sit in the dressing room staring at the wall. I'm not ready to go out on stage, it remiends me of when I saw her in that dress, and the whole room lit up.

"Cato, your love for Miss. Everdeen has sparked rebellions everywhere." I didn't even notice President Snow standing right in front of me. "In order to get the capitol back on my side, I have to do something that I have never done before."

"You can't kill me, the districts will be pissed." I find the audacity to say.

"Your a smart boy Cato, I never said I would kill you. But there needs to be some sort of reunition in order for everything to go back to it's place." He shouts to the guard "Bring her up here." Ordering them around.

"Bring who-Reuntion...What...Rowan." I get up and run to the elevator and that's when I see her.

***

Rowan's POV

"ROWAN" I hear him shout, his voice getting louder.

"CATO" I yell back stepping off the elevator to see him standing there.

We push through the crowd up people shouting at each other. Their's tears in his eyes and same with mine. I just now realise I'm in a dress a big blue one but I don't care. After a million years I finally get to see him. I went through hell and back to get here, litterly.

"Oh my god." He sighs into my hair. I was already in his arms and I could tell he was crying. I can't even start to begin with how much I missed him. We finally pull apart, and he just stares into my eyes for a lifetime before his lips crash into mine. It feels like I'm alive again, Like the world around me has just stopped.

"Ahem." Haymitch says

"Can I help you with something." I ask.

"Yes, get a room." He then hugs me and chuckles a bit. "I thought I had finally got rid of you."

"Well I'm back."

"Rowan, ROWAN ALEXIS EVERDEEN." Katniss shouts.

"Katniss!" I shout back

She hugs me in a tight embrace and doesn't let me go. She's crying also, saying something over and over but I can't hear it.

"I thought you were gone."

"No one is getting rid of me that easily." I laugh.

***

"Welcome your Victors of the 74th annual hunger games, Cato Hadley  and Rowan Everdeen."

The capitol crowd goes wild and I get flashbacks of when I passed out up here no less then 3 weeks ago.

"So Rowan, your death really got us. Tell me how did it feel when you were betrayed by Glimmer." Ceaser asks me.

" Well, You see, you have to understand where Glimmer was coming from. She was just a girl trying to survive. So I don't think it would be fair for me to target her here."

"Fair enough, and how was it dying that is."

Wow thanks Ceaser "Um how about not flattering."

"Okay. Now Cato."

They go on for a solid 20 minutes about something oh the games I think. Then they start replaying them.

Oh no, I can't watch myself kill people no, no, no. "Cato" I whisper "I can't do this I..."

"Shhhh, shhhhh, I'm here okay we can get through this together. Okay. I'm here now." He whispers back.

We end up getting through the whole thing, when I would see something, my breath would get heavy and he would squeeze my hand and whisper soothing words and I was back.

"Well that raps it up, your Lovebirds if the 74th annual hunger games." We get huge applause and even on the way back to the apartment we get congratulations.

When we get in, Katniss and Peeta meets Cato. It's awkward at first, then it's okay. I hang with them for a while and then Cato and I go off to bed.

As I get in the sheets I can't help but notice how peaceful he looks.

"Your staring."

"I'm gazing"

"It's weird" he mocks

"It's Romantic" I mock back.

"I can't with you." He says

"Cato..."

"Yes?"

"What are we going to do."

He sighs "I don't know, be the model couple everyone wants us to be forever. Which I don't mind if your okay, angel."

"Fine by me."

And we drift into sleep.

So I actually prewrote This chapter and I love myself. This book is almost done so give it one more chapter.  XOXO -Serena