"Nice to meet you!" I laugh out.

Rossi gives me a hug and tells me that it's good to see me again.

Emily gave me a hug when she answered the door for me. She didn't even hesitate. She saw that I was crying and offered me a hug, which I took. It was before even saying two words to her. "You must be Allie. Spencer is right in here," She'd told me before guiding me to the living room.

I hear the front door open and turn around to see Josh coming through the door with Emily. I rush to him and give him a hug.

"I was so worried," I breathe out, squeezing my brother tight.

"I'm okay. I'm okay," He assures me. "I'm sorry I didn't answer."

I pull away and shake my head. "It's okay. I'm just glad you're okay."

"I'm glad that you're okay."

I turn my head to see Spencer watching us. He pulls his gaze away and fixes it on his hands when he sees me looking. A light blush dusts his cheeks.

I walk over to him and offer him my hand, earning a strange look. "What?" He asks.

"I have someone to introduce you to," I give him a small smile.

His blush deepens and he smiles. "Oh," Is all he can say before taking my hand.

I bring him over to Josh, who's talking to Rossi.

"Hey," I tap him on the shoulder with my free hand.

My brother turns to look at me and when his eyes land on Spencer and I's hands, he gives a tight smile. A forced one.

Shit. That's not what I was expecting.

Spencer's grip on my hand loosens, so I give his hand a squeeze.

"Josh, this is Spencer, my boyfriend," I tell him.

"I remember you from when mom and dad...well, y'know. Nice to finally officially meet you."

Spencer nods. "It's nice to meet you, too." He offers his hand for Josh to shake. He's not typically one for handshakes, but I can tell he wants to make a good first impression.

Josh shakes his hand, obviously not wanting to be rude.

The night goes on slowly and Josh makes arrangements to stay with Rossi. I go back to my apartment with Spencer following behind me in his car. When I walk in, I'm met by Rachel.

"Hey! Where have you been?" She hops off of the couch when she sees me. "I've called you a few times, but your phone was off."

"Yeah, it's actually in a Faraday box about twenty miles away from here.," I chuckle awkwardly, heading for my room to gather clothes.

"What? Why?" Rachel follows me through the apartment. She stops in my doorway, watching as I grab a small suitcase and set it on my bed.

"Remember what happened to my parents? How they never caught that guy?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, the fucker is back," I sigh, grabbing clothes out of my dresser and putting them into the suitcase. "So, I'm sort of going into protective custody for a tiny bit."

Rachel sighs and makes her way across the room, taking a seat on my bed and looking up at me. "What does a tiny bit mean, Al? I mean, a week? A month?"

I frown at her. "I don't know, Rach. Hopefully it won't be very long. Hopefully they'll find the idiot soon."

"Yeah, hopefully. Just be careful, okay? Be safe, be smart. Keep your boots tight, keep your gun close-"