Chapter 8: Declaration of War? And Why Can't I have a Better Wingman?

(y/n) pov

Primus and I haven’t spoken much since the attack, he must be stresser as I am about it. The morning before class started back up I hear this voice ring out,

‘I apologize my queen, you could have been gravely injured and it has fallen under my responsibility to protect you.’

A frown makes its way to my lips,

‘don’t ever let the thought pass through your head that you aren’t doing the absolute best job as my guardian and right hand. I know when true danger arises that you will be by my side in a second.’

He seems to fall silent and I do not want to pry so I simply ignore it. The day goes as many other, well with the exception of my mother babying me to oblivion. It wasn’t so bad, I got plenty of cake out of it.

As night fell, I lay upon my bed, thoughts swimming with so many things that it felt as if I was drowning. After many hours of pure mayhem within my headspace, I finally persuade my mind to rest and fall asleep hopefully into nothingness.

Dream

Where am I…? My surroundings only seem to be this giant pillar falling off into a dark blank space, looking as if it went on for eternity. Thank goodness Primus’ voice filled the emptiness of the area,

“this is a part of the ‘realm of the loyal’ a piece of the universe that allows only the strongest of warriors to battle and train. I have brought you here to speak further of the creature that was created.”

I blink owlishly because the voice didn’t feel as if it was in my head. I turn quickly and my eyes catch my loyal knight.

(psh as if I’d reveal him now and ruin the surprise!)

“It’s always refreshing to see you physically. Now what more did you want to talk about?"

He steps forward and kneels to the ground,

"Well the council and I have deliberated and have come to a conclusion."

"Wait, we have a council??"

He sighs and shakes his head,

"that is not the point here my queen... The point is that we believe that you are fully capable of summoning a first-generation knight, but it would be far too draining on your body. So, we advise that you start out with a fifth generation and work up from there. If you don't have any strength left, I will then step in, understand?"

"So, you're basically saying that I need to train in order to sustain an older knight?"

Primus firmly nods and I sigh,

"this is going to be annoying and I know it..."

He then stands at full height and takes my hand,

"it's best you wake up now my queen, you don't want to be late for school. I'll see you there."

"Wait wha-"

Dream ends

I jolt awake and rush over to my clock, only a minute before my alarm went off... Nice one Primus. I plop back down on my bed to relax for a bit longer when I hear an almost cartoonish voice,