The Beginning of Trouble

Magsimula sa umpisa

He left without a word and Emersyn fumed "If you think that I am going to sit here and behave like one of your dogs then you have another thing coming" Emersyn growled before she quickly made sure no one was watching and left.

***

Loud and crunching footsteps jolted a sleepy Zrina awake as she noticed a small pack of nantang (viperwolves) sniffing around and her eyes went wide in fear.

Without making sudden movements, Zrina slowly backed away with her breath being held.

CRACK!

The sudden crack of a branch and Zrina knew she would have to run away and hope to Eywa that they would nit catch her but she knew it was pointless.

Nantang (viperwolves) were fast runners.

Soon enough, howls from the pack made her run all the more faster as she wildly look around for protection. Her mind had shut down from the fear and made her more reckless than she already is.

She screamed when she tripped on the root of a tree and turned to the oncoming pack of nantang (viperwolves)with fearful eyes.

Eywa, guide my spirit.

"HEY YOU!"

A voice not of her own made her snap her head to see the uniltirantokx (dreamwalker) with a trainer's bow in her hands and she threw a rock at the nearest nantang (viperwolf) as it opened it's jaw to chomp Zrina's head.

"You alright kid?"

Emmersyn asked as she stood in front of the child as the nantang (viperwolves) snarled and circled them, knowing their easy meal had been hindered by an adult.

Zrina managed to ask one word in uniltirantokx (dreamwalker) language.

"How..?"

"Easy...I wander a lot too"

Zrina blinked before the uniltirantokx (dreamwalker) swung the bow to a pouncing nantang (viperwolf) as the others advanced on her "Listen, there's a group of Na'vi looking for you. Of you can make it to them, tell them I'll be leading these puppies away from the clan" While Zrina had no idea what words the uniltirantokx (dreamwalker) was saying in full she knew the word "run" and "group"

Without delay, the Na'vi child raced to where Emmersyn appeared and the nantang (viperwolves) were about to turn their direction to her when Emersyn threw another rock at them...again.

"She is the least of your concern you weird legged wolf mutant mutts!"

***

Zrina burst through the bushes just in time for Tsu'tey to draw his bowstring.

"Tsmukan! (Brother!)"

Zrina cried as she hugged her brother's legs and cried as Tsu'tey stumbled a little from the impact before regaining balance.

"Ngeyä ke tìsraw si? (You're not hurt?)"

Zrina shook her head and Tsu'tey was about to call off the search now that his sister was found, Zrina suddenly began rambling.

"Uniltirantokx! poe...(Dreamwalker! She...)"

Tsu'tey quickly grew tense as he handed Zrina to one of the warriors and ordered them to head back to the clan before he followed the path he guessed where his tsmuke (sister) and the skxawng uniltirantokx (moron dreamwalker) stood from the paw prints of the nantang (viperwolves).

When I get that annoying, irritating woman back...

***

He had been briskly walking for hours and still no sign of her. Tsu'tey frowned before scowling when something...unpleasant began to erupt in his stomach.

If he can't find her now then...

"Back off bucko! This ledge belongs to me!"

Tsu'tey released a sigh he hadn't known he had been holding before he quickly made his way to the sound of growling and crass uniltirantokx (dreamwalker) language.

Emmersyn was standing on the edge of a ledge far enough for the nantang (viperwolves) not to reach her unless they were smart enough to jump.

It didn't surprise Tsu'tey at the increasing number of nantang (viperwolves) surrounding Emersyn. This woman was always a magnet of trouble.

"You know...I'm tempted to kill all of you but I'd rather live to see daylight again than to be killed by Tsu'tey's weirdly looking death glare"

Emmersyn said casually before hitting another nantang (viperwolf) with her bow.

Without hesitation, Tsu'tey quickly drew up an arrow before he attacked with a loud yell.

Many nantang (viperwolves) scattered around, some went towards him while some still stayed beside Emersyn, growling at the chance she might fall so that can have their meal.

To their disappointment, the male before them was hellbent on getting this female and decided it wasn't worth the risk of their lives.

Emmersyn slid down when she made sure no nantang (viperwolves) were there.

"Whooo! Whooo! I feel great!"

She turned to face the angry look on Tsu'tey's face "What were you thinking?! Going off in the night with no one but yourself!" Emersyn frowned.

"Calm those big boy pants of yours skxawng (moron), I saved that Na'vi child before she became a nantang (viperwolf) dinner buffet!"

Tsu'tey opened his mouth to argue more when Emmersyn collapsed and winced in pain. Tsu'tey went to check on her and noticed the deep gashed on her back and a few scratches on her legs.

"Great...I am bleeding all over the place..."

Emmersyn grumbled before she found herself being carried off by Tsu'tey on the shoulder.

"Ow! Again with this?! I have two legs ya know!"

Tsu'tey merely grunted in reply before they made their way back to Kleutral (Hometree)

Emmersyn looked down only for her head to spin and mumbled out a few incoherent words, she blacked out from pain and exhaustion.

Tsu'tey noticed how limp she had become and decided to spare her ribs by carrying her in his arms. He immediately tensed up when he realised this was the first time he ever held a woman like this before.

Tsu'tey sighed. This woman was making him feel things he didn't know what it was or how it even began.

It was making him distracted in fulfilling his duty.

"Tsu'tey..."

Tsu'tey froze as he looked down to stare at the unconscious Emersyn.

"You bloody skxawng... (moron...)"

She mumbled and that was enough for him to know she will pull through.

***

The next morning, Emmersyn woke up to find something sweet smelling in her nostrils only to find a freshwater flower the Na'vi call Paysyul (Water Lily).

"Zrina brought them here"

Her gaze snapped to Tsu'tey who rested in one of the branches in the Kleutral (Hometree). A sharp wave of pain made Emersyn wince.

"You shall not have to train for today. Your body is too damaged to even do something"

A sigh of relief came from Emmersyn "So...it's like my day off?" A wicked grin came from Tsu'tey, making her smile turn into a frown.

"Your Na'vi language needs improvement...Your mouth is not even injured last night"

"I should have known not to keep my hopes up when you are around"