Chapter 13, Broken Veneer: Unmasking 'I'm Fine'

Start from the beginning

I curled my hair in wavy bouncy curls.
I wore a black tank top with my leather jacket and black slim leathery pants with velvet stilettos ankle boots.

I did a black smokey eye and burgundy lipstick.

Before leaving I went to say goodbye and obviously thanks Sasha for helping out.

"Girl, girl you look fiercely flamin' hot,"

"Yup girl gotta get back strong on the stilettos," I said confidently.

On my way back to the mansion, I've ordered lunch at MacDonald's drive-thru.

When I arrived at the mansion it was really quiet. I guessed that Caleb's parents haven't yet returned.

"You are back," all a sudden I heard a male voice and my heart freaked out. It was Alec. I placed my palm on my fast-beating heart.
"Gosh, you've scared me."

"Sorry didn't mean to."

"Hey I'm sorry that Caleb broke your heart, but believe me he has a soft side too," Alec said.

"It's fine, my heart is doing perfectly fine, actually I'm sorry that I left like an angry freak."

"Ah don't worry it's okay," he smiled.

He helped me carry my stuff back into the room the one next to Caleb. I was happy to see that his door was closed.

"Hey, I need to ask you something?"

"Go on," I said.

"I hope that Drake did not hurt you?" he was worried.

Just then a flashback of that jerk flew my memory making fear run down my spine.

"No, I've saved myself," I slightly shuddered but didn't show cause I was done being scared.

"Don't worry, I'm fine," I smiled brightly enough for him to believe.

After I was done settling again in this room. I texted Bella and Liz.

"Girls...I'm back meet me at Starbucks after school,"

"Sure my lady." Bella texted back. I smiled guess she's not too mad at me.

I was bored so I've decided to get some fresh air on the balcony. I've successfully found the key inside the drawer as soon as I opened the wooden door alas I wasn't welcome by fresh air, it was drenched in freaking cigarette smoke and who was smoking nonetheless than the bad boy, the heartbreaker on the next balcony.
He gave me the, "don't mess with me look," and I gave him the, "I don't give a fu** look"

He was sitting on a sofa his legs wide open wearing some jeans and naked torso shining from sweat, showing off his abs and muscles. His hair wasn't doing so fine it looked like nasty algae. He must have soaked his hair in hair gel.

I rushed back inside, didn't want to breathe polluted air. I laid down on the bed and listen to Heathens by Twenty One Pilots.

Abruptly the song stopped playing as my phone rang it was an unknown number, hesitantly I slide to answer.

"Hello, who is it?" I questioned the disturber.

"Hey, it's Justin,"

"What the hell!" I snapped.

"How did you get my number?" I was really mad.

"Are you okay? You didn't go to school," was he even worried about me I wondered.

"What you spying on me now, Justin! go back to your freaking hole," I yelled and ended the call.

At around 2:15 pm, I drove to Starbucks,
"Azza," Liz and Bella waved at me. I ran and hugged them.
"Girls, I'm sorry for how I behaved on Saturday night,"
"Don't worry Azza, best friends yesterday and forever," Bella said.