6.1

6.1 cooking through it

"Hey," I say, walking into the West household

"Hey," I say, walking into the West household. "Wow, it smells like a bakery in here."

"Hey!" Iris says. "Yeah, Linda's in the kitchen. She apparently stress cooks. Have you heard anything?"

"Nothing yet," I say. We both then walk onto the kitchen over to Linda.

"Linda, you know Liv," Iris asks.

"Yeah, we've met before," Lind says. "How do you know her?"

"Uhh- She and Barry are dating," Iris tells her.

"Oh. What happened to Steve?" Linda asks.

"Oh, he um- it didn't work out. He left a while ago," I say.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Linda says as she comes over and gives me a small hug.

When she pulls away, I ask, "So, how are you holding up with the whole Li- metahuman situation?"

"I'm working through it," Linda says.

"Correction: She's cooking through it," Iris says.

Linda laughs. "Yeah, it just helps me calm my nerves. Hey Liv, you want some pie?" She asks.

"Sure," I say as she goes into the kitchen to get some.

🔥⚡️

"Okay, Linda I cannot eat anymore," I say.

"Yeah, me neither," Iris says as we both lean back in the couch.

"Okay," Linda says slowly. She then comes and sits in front of us. "Well then let's talk about something."

"Well, what'd you want to talk about?" I ask.

"Oh! Can we talk about Barry?!" Linda asks.

"Ooh! Yes!" Iris squeals.

"Uhh- won't that be awkward?" I ask.

"Oh no. Not at all," Linda says. I raise a brow as they look at me expectantly.

"Well, Okay then," I say with a small smile.

"Ooh! Okay so where'd you go for your first date?" Iris asks.

"Uh, we went to this restaurant I used to go to as a kid. He reserved it for just the two of us. Danced to Billy Joel," I say, with a smile.

"Oh, that's really cute," Iris says. "Oh, he actually mentioned this a while back but... Henry and Nora actually went to a Billy Joel concert for their first date. He grew up loving him."

"I- I didn't know that," I say, a smile slowly gracing my lips, a blush in my cheeks.

"Oh, that's so cute!" Linda says, smiling. "How long have you guys been together?"