Excerpt from (1) Yellow Fluffy Suit... I love it!

"Langston?"

Reed Langston -aka JerkAss, aka the "bad boy" of my high school- has literally frozen. He stopped in his tracks, he stopped giving free fried chicken, and I bet that he stopped breathing. He would probably be shaking out of embarrassment if he was not wearing that big fluffy yellow suit.

How satisfying.

I peered beside him and saw a small boy with curly hair where a few of his teeth were missing. I was about to point out that he was adorable when he suddenly screamed at the top of his lungs. "I said I want my free chicken!" I cringed at his shrieky voice. Nope, not so adorable anymore. "Give it to me already!"

Frankly speaking, I would have chucked the kid out of the mall if he had screamed at me that way. Job or not, I don't care. Spoiled kids and entitled people have a special place in my "what makes me trigger" list. Luckily, I do not work here. Luckily, it's Langston who does. The scene in front of me made me chuckle evilly. Deserve.

Langston smiles at the kid. Typically, even I, who hated his whole being, would claim that his smile was worth a million dollars. Still, with how wide his smile is matched with eyes that are wide like saucers, his smile was off. I'm sure he's aiming for sarcasm, but his smile was really sinister. "You want your chicken? Here!" He shoved the chicken inside the kid's mouth, which caused the little boy to cough. Or choke? He looked satisfied while saying, "Enjoy your damn chicken."

Langston!

Saying that the annoying yet pitiful boy was shocked would be an understatement. Nope, he was appalled. There were fallen chicken crumbs on his shirt, and tears started running down his chubby cheeks. He sobbed for half a minute before running inside the fast-food restaurant. Although I felt terrible for him, I also wanted to laugh because he was munching the chicken while running.

Ordinary people, well, anyone in Langston's shoes right now, would probably feel guilty and apologize for what he has done. But Langston being Langston, simply smirked evilly.

That kid is really pitiful. Pitiful, I tell 'ya.

"REED!" A loud and rustic voice boomed out of nowhere. It was so loud that bystanders looked where we were; we even caught the attention of those walking since some stopped. They probably thought that it was a cop or something. That would have been fun. However, they continued walking again when they noticed it just came from an angry and wrinkly old man. Acting as if nothing happened in the first place and went on with their lives.

The smirk on JerkAss' face dropped when he saw the old man, and a frown replaced it. He then sneered, "What do you want, Patrick?"

"It's Mr. Sanders to you, young man." The old man, which I believe is named 'Patrick,' glared at Langston. From the name tag pinned on his right chest, it seems as if he is also the general manager of the place. He fumes, "If your father hears about this, you will-"

Jerkass cuts him off with both eyebrows raised, "I will what?" Oh, cool, he is threatening him back. Like an Uno reverse card. Fascinating. "I will lose this job?" He scoffs arrogantly. "Don't go there, Patrick." He spat the name with venom. "Maybe you're the one who is going to be losing something if you dare open your big mouth. Like I don't know," He sarcastically rolled his eyes before smirking, "Your job?"

What an absolute butthead.

If Patrick was a cartoon or an anime character, he would have gray smoke coming from his ears. -Or was it steam? Nah, if Patrick was indeed fictional, then it would definitely be smoke.

With a look of defeat, Patrick simply threw him a frown and said, "... just do the job properly."

I silently watched Patrick walk grumpily back to the restaurant. Stomping his feet along the way. I looked back at JerkAss and saw him smirking as he watched Patrick slam the glass doors shut, but he failed because of the wind and all.

In the memory of dear old Patrick and that annoying little kid, let me do the honors of wiping that smirk off his lovely face.

"Poor man." I tsked and continued to mock him, "You're such a bad boy to play jokes with your boss, eh Langston?"

JerkAss suddenly went stiff, freezing for a millisecond, before shifting on his feet to fully face me. "You saw nothing." He gave me his famous glare, the one he always uses when he wants to scare someone or something off.

Pfft. Like that's going to work.

"But I did." I batted my eyelashes to mock him, acting like an innocent kid. "I have eyes, Langston. This obviously means that I saw the famous "bad boy" of Denovan High giving away free chickens." I smirked while rubbing salt into his wounded pride, "Which also meant that I could see you wearing a chicken suit."

The look on his face was priceless, trust me. His eyes were so wide that I bet his eyeballs would fall off. The horrified look on his face added a bonus point too. He looked so intimidated, so vulnerable, so... helpless.

I chuckled in a sinister way. "What happened, Langston? Did daddy dearest force you to work for this job?"

As if his horrified look had never happened, he regained his composure and frowned at me. "Again, you saw nothing." He growls angrily, "Or else-"

I cut him off with an evil laugh as I raise my own Uno reverse card, "Or else what, JerkAss?"

He smirked, "I will ruin you."

"Ruin me?" My eyes widened in pure mockery. I pouted and had successfully annoyed the heck out of him when I saw his jaw clenched angrily. "For your information, you are the one with no cards to play here at the moment. So, really, you can't." I immediately dropped all facades and gave him a mean look. "And besides, I will be ruining you first. Play nice, Langston."

His eyes widened. Although I am a few feet shorter than him, I can still see both fear and amusement glinting in his eyes.

"Fair enough, ey?" I winked at him with a smirk of my own before leaving him alone.

Oh, what would other people say if they learned that the infamous wealthy, handsome (ew), and disreputable bad boy is wearing a chicken suit?

Damn, my blog would be a hit!