• 5 •

Out of body
That's just how I feel when I'm around you shawty

Renée Pov

don't know why I agreed to come to this party, or why I believed my so called friends when they said he wasn't going to be here. I knew they were lying but I still chose to believe them. Never again.

The vibe was different. It didn't feel like he was going to corner me and try to confess his undying, yet dead, love for me. His eyes looked defeated and yet understanding. This alone threw me off.

We were all in the living room while music blasted and teenagers danced till they couldn't feel their legs. I was grouped with my friends and Leon, it was awkward.

"Come on guys, let's play beer pong!" one of my friends suggested but more like demanded and we made our way over there.

After that things went in a weird direction. I was grouped up with Leon, obviously on purpose, and everyone knew I was a competitive person so I just went with it. Next thing you know me and Leon are like best friends. I'm laughing and smiling while we play game after game, were high fiving and just acting like we had no history.

When I realized that, my mood had went south and I announced my departure or my wanting departure since I came with a group but they paid me no mind. Leon did though.

" I'll drop you off if you want?" he questioned with uncertainty, even he knew it was a long stretch.

I didn't want to walk home though, "sure." We headed out the party with prying eyes on us.

He slid into the drivers seat and I slid in the passenger side. The ride was silent and uncomfortable but neither of us said anything. I didn't need to direct him to where I lived because he had been there many of times, that thought alone sent a pang in my chest.

He slowed down and parked right in front of my house, he was quiet and for some reason I didn't open the door and get out. I stayed right there basking in one of the most uncomfortable situations I've ever been in.

"I don't feel what I feel with you with anybody else. Nobody compares to you in any way and it's crazy how I messed that up. I messed one of the best things in my life up. Being around you tonight just drove me down memory lane. I'm so stupid." We never looked at each other but I knew his words were sincere. The way his voice cracked and Adams Apple bobbed had me stuck.

"Thanks for the ride." I said hurriedly and hopped out of his car. If I stayed I would've did something I'd regret later.