Chapter Four: Fears

Start from the beginning

"I like your apartment," Jungkook says before turning to look at Taehyung, a large innocent grin crossing his lips, "I didn't know you wear glasses," Taehyung turns bright red with embarrassment, quickly yanking the glasses from his face. He looks down in shame.

(I'm sorry, I know Taehyung pulled this picture, but he is just too cute in this!)

"Please don't tease me about them..." Jungkook frowns, crossing the small living room until he is right in front of Taehyung. He lifts his chin while taking the scarlet glasses out of his hand. He slowly places them on Taehyung's face, not finding those wide, doe, eyes any less adorable behind the bold frames.

"You're perfect. No matter what," Jungkook purrs, and Taehyung's face heats up even more as his heart thumps wobbly in his chest.

"Jungkook would you..." Taehyung nervously licks his lips as Jungkook stares down at him. Jungkook is mesmerized by his eyes and lush lips, wondering what it would feel like to kiss them.

"Yeah?"

"Would you...would you like anything to drink?" Tae nervously asks, inwardly hitting himself while Jungkook just smiles, stepping back a bit to give Taehyung room to breathe. He can tell the poor boy is overwhelmed, which does—in fact—feed his ego a little bit. Or a lot. He chuckles softly, finding Taehyung's shyness and embarrassed mannerisms to be absolutely adorable.

"Sure. I'll take a coke if you have some," he replies with a grin, taking off his jacket and resting it on the back of Tae's couch while the smaller boy runs to the kitchen to get the drinks. He takes a deep breath, leaning against the counter with his head in his hands.

"A drink?! Seriously, Tae?! Fuck, get your shit together. You know you can do this..." he snaps at himself, mentally preparing for being alone in a room with Jungkook. He opens the fridge, digging out the soda cans and slamming it shut quickly, "I can do this... I can do this...I can do this..." he repeats the little mantra as he scurries out of the kitchen and hands Jungkook a can; he doesn't know that Jungkook heard every word of his adorable little pep talk. Taehyung perches on the couch next to Jungkook, opening up his own drink.

"So..." Jungkook breaks the silent tension with a quirk of his brow, "How long have we been dating?" Taehyung chokes on his soda, setting the bubbling drink down so he could focus and not die from the liquid running down his throat.

"Um...what?" Taehyung stutters and Jungkook can't help but laugh.

"It's going to be asked, so we should work on our story," Jungkook says, instinctively scooting closer to Taehyung.

"Right! No you're totally right...how about five months?"

"Long enough to be comfortable with each other, but not long enough to know everything," Jungkook says with a smile, "Good idea. Now how did we meet?"

"I told my mother we met at Jin's café. Not exactly a lie," Tae replies, sipping his coke.

"Sticking close to the truth is always a good idea," at that Taehyung softly frowns.