"I did tell you that you were going to pay for earlier," he said, removing his arms from her waist and stepping out of her legs.

With that, he opened the door and walked out, closing it quietly behind him. Kaycee was left on the counter, the moisture from her hair dripping down her back, finally making her shiver from the cold.

-----

Kaycee buried her head into her blanket, hoping he would think that she was asleep. Him leaving her like that earlier had not been appreciated. While her brain was telling her it was for the better since they could have easily been caught, her heart hurt at how easy it was for him to pull himself away. She knew that she didn't have the strength to pull away like that and the fact that he did, terrified her.

She heard the sound of blankets rustling behind her and she listened for any sounds of their friends being awake. Bailey and Tahani had passed out hours ago on the couch and the boys were sprawled on the floor below them, snoring softly. From her spot on the floor, Kaycee could see all of them, miraculously all asleep before dawn.

"Kayc?" Sean whispered from next to her. She didn't respond, doing her best not to move.

"C'mon Kayc, I know you're not asleep," he said, putting his hand on her shoulder. She tried to make her breathing sound even, fighting the effect that his touch had on her. She didn't want to deal with him at the moment.

The way he had left her had brought out her insecurities about their arrangement. It made her feel used, something she had never hoped to experience from Sean. It had been her biggest fear when he had proposed the arrangement.

He came closer behind her, trailing his hand from her shoulder, down her arm, coming to rest on her stomach. When he tried to put his hand on the exposed skin of her hip, peeking out of her sweatshirt, she grabbed his hand and pushed it off of her.

"Sean, stop," she said, keeping her voice low so she didn't wake their sleeping friends. Her reaction confused him, his brows knitting together.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Don't call me that right now," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Kayc, what did I do?" He asked with genuine concern and curiosity in his voice. She sighed in frustration and turned around to face him.

"You didn't do anything, just, nevermind," she said, looking anywhere but him.

"It's obviously something, just tell me," he said, putting his hand once again on her shoulder. She shrugged his hand off, further confusing him. He racked his brain for what she could be upset with him about, only one thing coming to his mind. "Is this because I left you in the bathroom?"

"Kind of," she said, finally making eye contact with him. She regretted it instantly.

"Aww, Kaycee. Did you not get enough of me?" He asked, laughter in his eyes.

"Sean, it's not funny," she said, her frustration growing at his inflated ego and joking tone. He stopped laughing immediately when he saw the hurt reflected in her eyes.

"Kayc, I'm sorry. I don't know what you want me to say," he said, sadness in his eyes.

"Whatever, we'll talk tomorrow morning. I'm tired," she said, turning back around, facing away from him.

"Kayc," he said, putting a hand against her back.

"Tomorrow, Sean," she said, her tone not to be argued with. He removed his hand, at a loss for what to do.

"Okay. Goodnight Kaycee. I'm sorry."

-----

Kaycee woke up calmer than she had been the night before, sleep giving her a new perspective on things.

"I'm sorry that I overreacted last night," she said, walking up to Sean's car as he packed his bag in his backseat. They were on the side opposite from the front door, hiding them from the prying eyes of their friends inside the house. He closed the car door and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Don't worry about it Kayc. I shouldn't have left you like that and I shouldn't have tried to make a joke out of it when you tried to talk to me," he said into her hair, breathing in the scent of strawberries and flowers.

"I didn't like falling asleep being mad at you," she said, her head buried in his shoulder, her voice warm against his neck.

"From now on, we'll talk about things. Be completely honest," he said, running his hand up and down her back soothingly.

"You scare me, Sean," Kaycee said, taking a deep breath as his hand stilled on her back.

"What do you mean?" He asked, resting his chin on top of her head.

"I mean last night," she breathed in slowly, gathering the courage to be honest with him, "I didn't want you to stop."

Sean smiled and pulled her closer, pressing a kiss against the top of her head.

"I didn't want to stop either Kayc," he said, his hands resuming their pattern on her back.

"Then why did you?" She asked, a vulnerability in her tone that startled her.

"I don't want to do anything to make you uncomfortable," he said, cupping her cheeks as she kept her head buried in his neck. They were silent for a moment before he continued, "and, if I went any further, I don't know if I would have been able to stop at all."

His words sent a wave of nerves through her, but also excitement. Something about him made her want to explore what not stopping meant.

Before she could think about it, Kaycee pulled out of his neck to look up at him. She pressed a light kiss to his lips, one that didn't allow room for him to deepen it. She pulled away and smiled, matching his expression.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said, leaning up to kiss his cheek. He kissed her on the forehead before unwrapping his arms from her.

"What's tomorrow?" He asked smiling at her.

"I'll call you," she said, winking as she rounded his car to go back into the house. He laughed slightly, shaking his head.

"You're driving me crazy, Kayc." He got into his car and backed out of the driveway, smiling the whole way home.

-----

A/N: This has to be dedicated to the incomparable nightshadewater in honor of her admirable strength. Just know we all love and support you on this platform. "Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths." - Barrymore. This quote has gotten me through a lot so it is here for anyone who needs it.

I wasn't planning on ever going super explicit and detailed with the content of this story, but based on recent events, I'm seriously reconsidering it. If it makes you uncomfortable, don't read it. I'll issue warnings when or if a chapter contains anything explicit but that's just where my head's at right now. I don't want other's opinions to dictate what I can write, for any reason and I urge others to take the same approach. Here's another quote that seems all too applicable. "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Carnegie.

Let me know your thoughts and if anyone ever needs to talk about anything, I'm always here. :) xoxo