ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

Sok Household

December 2nd

"Bailey!" Kaycee yelled, crushing her younger friend in a hug. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"I know I've missed you Kayc," Bailey said, pulling away from her. "I'm so glad you could come."

"Am I the last one here?" Kaycee asked, hugging Tahani as well.

"Yeah, you're fashionably late like always," she said, ruffling Kaycee's hair.

"Sorry I couldn't find my bathing suit and then I got stuck in traffic," Kaycee said, frustrated at her own late arrival.

"No worries, let's go join everyone outside," Bailey said, grabbing Kaycee's hand and leading her towards the back door.

"A certain someone has been actively awaiting your arrival," Tahani said, smirking and looking at Kaycee. She immediately blushed and her heart rate picked up.

"He is not, I don't know what you're talking about," Kaycee said, stopping in her tracks and causing Bailey to do the same.

"Kayc, she's not wrong. He's asked about you about a thousand times. Anything you care to share?" Bailey asked, crossing her arms.

Kaycee's conversation with Sean earlier ran through her head. She didn't want to lie to her friends but she didn't want them to look at her in a different way either. She thought about it for a second, looking for a way to tell them without making it sound as bad as it did to her at first.

"Oh my god, Kaycee! You're blushing! What's going on?" Tahani yelled, tugging on her arm.

"T, shh, come away from the door," Kaycee whispered, pulling her excited friend away from the back door.

"Come on Kaycee tell us what's happening," Bailey said, arms still crossed.

"I don't really know. I mean, we've kissed a few times but," she was cut off by Tahani's excited squeals next to her. "T, be quiet, they'll hear you outside."

"But Kaycee that's amazing! You guys are finally together after all these years," Bailey said, a wide smile on her face.

"We're not together," Kaycee said, her voice quiet. Tahani and Bailey both stopped, looking at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Tahani asked.

"I mean what I said before. I don't really know. We're just seeing how things go," Kaycee said, leaving out the part about deciding to be friends with benefits. Kaycee winced when she saw the look that her two friends shared, weary and uncertain.

"Kaycee," Tahani said, looking at her with pity in her eyes.

"No, guys relax. I swear I have everything under control. Nothing is happening that I don't want to do," Kaycee said, trying to stop her friends from looking at her the way that they were.

"Okay, but you have to let us know if something changes," Bailey said.

"I will. I promise," Kaycee said, nodding her head.

"Okay, I trust you," Tahani said, forcing a smile.

"Oh and we don't want a ton of people to know so if you could, can you not mention it to the guys? I don't know if Sean has told them yet," Kaycee asked, fidgeting with her hands.

"Our lips are sealed," Tahani said, Bailey nodding next to her.

"Thanks, guys."

"No problem, now let's go, we're burning daylight," Tahani said, grabbing Kaycee's arm again and dragging her toward the door.