Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

My afternoon turned suddenly hectic with Keegan, Hayley and Summer's sudden arrival, Babies needing nappy changes and feeding and my Muffin's needing to come out of the oven all seeming to happen at the same time.
I felt like a Chicken who'd had her head cut off as I buzzed about the house!
Blayze was preparing three bottles while Noah and Codie attempted to soothe a wailing Knox and Brodie.
I knew that any second now, Dale would start too, seeing as Brodie was upset.
"Umm what did you need to talk to Me about before?"
I asked, sliding the Muffin tray's onto the stovetop, the top's of each Muffin now a warm golden colour.
A delicious aroma, topped off with the amazing scent of heated blueberries filled our home.
"What?"
Blayze asked, screwing the tear's and lid's onto the bottles.
"As Keegan and Hayley got here you came out the hallway telling me something about a call."
I reminded him, turning to close the oven door.
We definitely didn't need one of the Dog's burning a nose, or Luka burning a hand.
"Oh yeah."
He nodded.
"Just let Me give these to Codie and Noah, then I'll explain."
He picked up the two of the three Bottles of milk and headed to the lounge room.

Blayze returned to the kitchen and opened his mouth to start talking to Me, but was interrupted by a new, but entirely familiar Baby's cry.
Dale was aware that Brodie and Knox were having a Bottle and quite clearly wanted one too.
"Want Me to get him?"
Keegan called from the lounge room.
"Please!"
I shouted back.
Blayze snagged the remaining Bottle off the bench and turned on his heel to head back to the lounge room.
From in the Kitchen I couldn't really hear Blayze and Keegan's exchange, but it became apparent they, or one of them, had decided Keegan would feed Dale his bottle.
Now with the house void of Baby cries, I turned my focus to setting the hot Muffin's onto the two wire cooling rack's I'd managed to find stashed up the back of the cupboard that contained Tupperware, Pot's, Pan's, Cake Tin's and Tray's and Casserole dishes.
I nearly jumped out of my skin, a squeak resembling a startled Mouse slipping from my mouth when Blayze's arm's unexpectedly wound their way around my body, from behind.
His laughter rumbled in his chest at my back as He set his chin on top of my head.
"Scared ya, did I?"
He asked.
No shit.
I rolled my eyes, reaching to set the second to last cooked Muffin onto the second cooling rack.
"I thought you'd be feeding Brodie or Dale."
I explained.
I felt him shrug.
"Codie and Keegan have it covered."
I went to protest that His friends shouldn't be looking after our Son's, but bit my tongue.
Since they've been living with us, Codie and Noah have helped a lot with Luka, Brodie and Dale.
We certainly couldn't complain.
Unless He conks out before his bed time, Luka even gives both Codie and Noah a hug and kiss before He goes to bed now too, as part of his night time routine.
"These smell awesome."
Blayze declared as I set the last Muffin onto the cooling rack.
My nose might be broken, but even I was able to catch the scent of the blueberries floating in the air.
"You are aware they're fruit ones, not chocolate chip?"
I teased, leaning back into his chest now my task of getting the Muffin's out of the tray was complete.
"I can smell Blueberries and Vanilla Essence, not Chocolate."
Blayze replied.
I couldn't help but smile.
"Did you sneak Cinnamon in there?"
Blayze asked, sounding almost weary.
I gave his arm looped around my stomach a light smack.
"Nobody on this Farm has used Cinnamon in twelve years!"
Once again his laughter shook my own body.
"They're probably still a bit warm, but you can have one if you want."
The words had barely finished escaping my mouth before his right arm left its embrace of my body and He reached forward to grab a lightly golden topped Muffin.
Rolling my eyes, I sidestepped out of His bow loosened embrace and turned around so that I could face Him.
He was already focused on peeling some of the paper patty away from one side of the Muffin He'd chosen.
"So what phone call did you want to talk to Me about?"
I queried.
His blue-green eyes flashed to mine, almost looking quizzical before He took a bite out of the freshly cooked Muffin, then nodded.
"Blayze called Me."
He explained.
It felt like a long time since we'd seen the Teenager.
Thinking back, I realised it was almost two week's since He'd last been at the Farm.
"Oh! What did He want?"
I asked, leaning backwards against the bench.
"School Finishes this week, for the term."
Blayze explained.
I nodded.
Life might be a bit hectic, but I did remember Mum saying the School Holiday's were fast approaching.
"And... what's that got to do with him calling You?"
I prompted.
"He asked if He could stay for a bit during the Holiday's."
He explained.
His Nephew wants to come and stay?
"I told Him I only got out the Hospital yesterday so I'd have to think about it."
Blayze informed Me.
"But what I actually meant was I needed time to talk to You about it. I just didn't want him to think of You as the bad guy, if you don't think it's a good idea."
Our plate is currently damn full.
But could I seriously use that as an excuse to push Blayze's Nephew away?
The guy's Mother might be a piece of work, but the Teenager seemed like a decent Person.
"He doesn't know it yet, but my bargain would be that He has to work while He's here."
Blayze explained.
Work?
Now I felt weary.
"How... long does He want to stay?"
I queried.
Blayze averted his gaze.
Uh oh.
"Blayze?"
I prompted.
"I think... something like a week?"
He raised a questioning eyebrow and lifted a hand to rub at the back of his neck.
"But that's why I told you my condition would be He has to work. I won't let him just bum around here gettin' in your way all day long."
I released a breath I'd not realised I'd been holding onto.
Mini Blayze wants to stay here for half his Holidays?
"What does... His Mum think about it?"
I wondered out loud.
Blayze shrugged.
"I'm not sure. I do know She wanted Me and Him to get to know each other."
"Well..."
I laced my hands together.
"I'm okay with Him staying if you want him to."
I informed Blayze.
The ghost of a smile fell upon his lips.
I tipped my head back to look at the ceiling, towards the upstairs room's that I couldn't see from here.
"But I'd prefer He doesn't sleep on the lounge for a week."
I bargained.
"And I doubt He'll fit too well in Tameron's bed."
I turned my gaze back to Blayze's face.
He nodded.
"We can sort that out."
I nodded.
"Then if you're up for it you can tell him He can stay."
"Righto."
He reached into his jeans pocket with his left hand and pulled his phone out.
"I'll give him a-"
His gaze snapped down to the phone screen.
I realised the blue LED light was flashing.
Somebody was calling him?
He frowned at the phone.
"I don't know that number..."
"Well if you answer it you might found out who it is."
I pointed out.
He shot Me a completely sarcastic smile before turning his focus back down to his phone and sliding his thumb across the screen.
Then he lifted the phone and held it against his ear.
"Hello?"