CHAPTER 5 - The Amazing Spider-Man

Sorry if there are any mistakes in this, it's late or should I say early but I really wanted to get this chapter out. Also once this story progresses a bit more there's gonna be a lot of Reader focus and the two of them together. I'm still setting up the universe a bit. Thanks :D

---

Year: 2016

Dimension: E-616

Reality: Abnormal//Query?Normal?... Status Unknown

.. .----. -- / ... --- .-. .-. -.--

Coming to a stop on the curb you waited among a dozen people until the walking man turned green. You crossed the busy street looking left and right although it was safe to cross. Yellow taxis honked in the distance and the constant humming of the background traffic somehow calmed your nerves. You were only twenty meters from the library when you slowed and rested up against a wall.

"Well, if it isn't Peter Parker..." You spied into the front of the car that was parked in a drop off zone. It's beige colour, not the most pleasant but the lack of tinting made it easy to spot the two people inside talking...arguing? You don't know why you stopped, but they were outside the library and some part of you told you that Peter may have the same destination in mind as you. It would be fun to explore New York with someone, after all you didn't really have any friends. Occasionally you would speak to a girl in your class called Mary Jane Watson better known to others as MJ. You didn't know her well but from the limited chatter between you she seemed...nice, a lot more than met the eye. You weren't sure, but other than that you mainly found comfort in your phone screen or a book or some other hobby that you somehow found the time for. You didn't really mind all too much. It stopped invasive questions and hurting memories from arising.

"I bet..." You knitted your fingers together trying to predict why Peter was here. "Probably something to do with MJ." The thought didn't surprise you at all, MJ was the girl of Peter's dreams. He never told anyone – except Harry – but it was too obvious. A passably shot you a glance as you continued talking quietly to yourself. You glared back until they moved on. "And there's my cue." You rocked back and forth on your heels as the car door slammed shut...slammed, he didn't seem in the best of moods. It looked like they were arguing over something.As the outdated model car pulls away from the curb you jog over towards Peter who goes to cross the street.

"Hey, Peter!" You call out grabbing his attention. His eyes softened from what looked like a scowl.

"Oh, (Y/N) – Hi!" You looked at him curiously.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah, just something about being responsible." He pulled his duffle bag closer to his side.

"Heh, I know the feeling. Going anywhere?"

"The library." He grimaced. "Study."

"Mmhm, you see...that's funny," You cross your arms over your chest. "Because I'm going to the library too which is on thisside of the street and you were definitely about to cross to the otherside of the street."

"I-I...Um...I –" You cut him off with a light hearted laugh.

"I'm just teasing you Peter." You watched the fear in his eyes drain slightly, he looked like a deer in the headlights as he chuckled nervously along with you. "But seriously, don't bullshit me okay, you're not the only one that gets top marks. I'm not dumb."

"If I tell you, you can't tell anyone else." He murmured reluctantly.

"Who have I got to tell." You shrugged.