CHAPTER 4 - Human Spider

Thank you so much for all the support. I can't believe I'm near 700 reads already. The next chapter things start to pick up, I'm already writing it so it should be up tomorrow. I also have a lot of plans for the future of this story so please stick with it. It will get better I promise...I hope! Enjoy!

---

Year: 2016

Dimension: E-616

Reality: Abnormal//Query?Normal?... Status Unknown

.. .----. -- / ... --- / ... --- .-. .-. -.-- / .--. . - .

His chest rose and fell quickly with his unsteady breathing, his heart pounding in his chest threatening to break free from its cage. Droplets of sweat beaded down his forehead. He took his arms from his hips and crossed them in front of him before letting them fall to his side. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to think. His mind felt crowded and cloudy yet empty and tranquil. The feeling was indescribable, no one on the entire Earth had ever known this feeling.

Suddenly, footsteps trudged up the stairs, the smothered sounds coming closer and closer – approaching his door.

"Peter?" A light tapping came from the door. "Breakfast is ready." Uncle Ben declared through the wood. Peter gulped loudly and strained his voice to reply but only a hoarse squeak came out. He looked back between the mirror and the door not knowing where he should have his attention turned. A high pitch whining attacked his ears as the hinges on the door turned, the noise louder than it had ever been. It was like all his senses had been dialled up to eleven. Instantly he shot forwards to the door and slammed it shut with his fast causing the walls around him to tremor, the valuables and half-empty glasses on the desk clinking together. A yelp of surprise came from his uncle. "Peter is everything okay in there?"

"U-Uh...Yeah, everything's fine. J-J-Just getting dressed – that's all!" He reassured Ben with false words.

"Well, okay then. Come down when you're ready." He sounded reluctant as he moved away from the other side of the door, the footsteps disappearing back downstairs. Once he knew he was out of earshot Peter exhaled and rolled his head backwards with a sigh of relief, but his troubles weren't over yet – no, they were just getting started. As he went to move away from the door he was jerked back towards it. His hand sticking to the door like super glue.

"What the-" He twisted and turned trying to yank it free but it would not budge. It was impossible to remain on a vertical surface with the amount of force he was pulling back with – not even his arm felt the strain. In a slightly more than mild panic he kicked a foot against the door in hope to set his hand free. But no, this only made it worse. His bare foot clung to the door just like his hand. Peter began to feel the strain in his muscles until it finally broke free sending him flying directly to the wall behind. Next thing he knew he was climbing unintentionally up the plaster, his limbs flailing and his breath heightened.

"Peter!" His heart nearly stopped as Aunt May bellowed through the door. He stopped suddenly, still hanging off the wall above his desk.

"Yeah?" His voice tangled with nervousness.

"What on Earth is going on up there?!"

"It's a-It's a-I'm exercising...Practicing for football trials." He jumbled a string of words together.

"Football trials?"

"Mhmm...Yup." He said slowly gritting his teeth together. His fingers beginning to peel off one by one. "I'll be down soon!" Peter listened carefully as he hear her footsteps disappear down the stairs. He breathed out a heavy sigh of relief. Football? Really?But just as he started to calm down and take his thoughts off as to why he happened to be half way up a wall he fell from where he perched and landed onto his desk in a heap, sending papers and books flying off the deck.