Chapter Forty One| Gracie, baby

Começar do início

"Hey," she greeted as I hopped in the passenger's seat.

"Hey,"

She began driving, the drive consisting of talk chatter and singing to the songs playing on the radio before we arrived at school, pulling in the parking lot before we hopped out.

I expected to see Grayson waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me, something he's made a routine for us, but he wasn't there.

"Where's your boo?" Taylor giggled.

I rolled my eyes, "He's not my boo,"

"Uh-huh," she hummed.

We walked up the stairs before the bell sounded and I made my way to my first period class.

***

I starred at myself in the mirror of the bathroom at the diner, feeling bloated and gross as I flattened my skirt out and finished buttoning up my shirt, trying to tame my frizzy hair though it wasn't working out for me.

Grayson didn't show up to school today, which is fine, maybe he had something going on which is completely none of my business it's just odd for him, his attendance is surprisingly just as good as mine if not better.

I was worried, I guess but I tried not to be because I don't really have a right to be worried, he's not officially mine yet, he's not my boyfriend.

It didn't help that it was Caleb's first day back and I assumed that Grayson would've been there for it, maybe I'm just overthinking as always.

"Grace, you alright in there?" Cam's soft voice sounded from the opposite side of the door.

I nodded before realising she can't see me, "Yeah, I'm fine, thank you."

I opened the door, walking out in the uniform, holding my pile of clothing I wore at school in my arms before shoving it in my side bag and shoving it in one of the cubby-holes.

"I feel fat," I murmured, patting my stomach.

Cam rolled her eyes, "Shut up," she glared, "You look as slim as always now get serving."

I rolled my eyes but nodded before exiting the break room and grabbing my note pad and pen, walking out into the seating area before walking over to a guy in a leather jacket and ripped jeans, he kind of looked like Grayson but less attractive obviously.

"Afternoon, I'm Grace, your waitress for today. Is there anything I can get you?" I asked politely.

He removed his eyes from the menu before directing his eyes to me, a smirk appearing on his lips.

"You," he licked his lips.

I blushed, "I'm sorry but that's not on the—"

"—menu, I know." He chuckled, "Just shooting my shot, sorry."

I smiled awkwardly, usually girls in this situation would say "I have a boyfriend," though I wasn't sure what to say, my stomach felt like it was about to explode, and my patience was relatively low, I just want to take his order and avoid every form of contact.

"Uhm I'll have the grilled cheese and a chocolate milkshake,"

I smiled, nodding as I jotted it down on my notepad.

"Is that all?"

He nodded, not removing his eyes off me.

"I'll be right back with your order," I smiled tightly before walking back into the kitchen and clipping his order up.