Chapter Forty One| Gracie, baby

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I opened my door, walking over to Caleb's door to make sure he's ready in case he forgot. I raised my hand before lightly knocking on the door.

I heard some rustling beyond his door before it swung open, he was standing there buckling his belt before pulling his black shirt over it.

"You ready?" I asked him, leaning against his door.

He nodded, he looked extremely flustered.

"Yeah," he nodded, picking up his smashed phone off his bed.

I moved out of the way of his door as he exited his room, slamming the door behind him.

"Is Taylor getting you?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, think so." I muttered, following him down the stairs.

He walked into the kitchen as I was still following behind him, he swung open the fridge grabbing an apple before taking a large bite, the apple crunching between his teeth.

I cringed, plopping myself down on one of the stools, swinging my legs back and forth.

"So," I drawled, "Are you feeling okay about going back to school."

He nodded, quite confidently, actually.

"Yeah, it'll be fine, not long left."

I nodded in agreement, "I know, it's kind of scary." I pouted.

I still don't have my license which I honestly don't think I'll ever get around to getting, I have no idea what I want to do when I finish school or what I want to be, the only mature decision I've made this year is getting a job, also Grayson, he probably wasn't the most mature decision but he definitely was a good one.

"You'll be fine, Grace, you're smart." He said softly, giving me a lopsided grin.

My shoulders slumped at the thought of becoming an adult, it doesn't sound fun.

"So are you," I replied.

He laughed loudly, whilst his mouth was still full, a chunk of apple flying to the back of his throat making his laugh cease as an extremely unpleasant sound came from his lips.

My face turned the same shade of red as his as I laughed hysterically, he ran over to the sink before spitting a chunk of barely chewed apple in the sink before turning to me with the harshest glare I've ever received.

"I was choking!" he screeched, "And you did nothing but watch and laugh!"

I held my hand over my mouth trying to cover my laugh though it didn't necessarily work.

"I'm sorry," I cried, "But you looked so scared."

He sighed, giving me a deadly fake smile, "Probably because I had a chunk of apple stuck in my throat."

I laughed louder, "I promise next time I'll shove my hand down your throat and pull it out."

He cringed, "I think I'd rather you laugh."

"But what if you die?"

"It's a win win situation."

I nodded, shrugging, "That's the most relatable thing you've ever said."

Our conversation was bought to a stop when a loud beep sounded from outside, Taylor.

"Welp, I gotta go, see you at school."

He nodded, waving at me as he finished off his apple without choking this time.

I exited the kitchen, walking through the living room before walking outside seeing Taylor's familiar car, I don't know how she handles driving that thing, I think she's the only one who could pull off driving that rusty blue thing.