Chapter 11

“Hikaru, he’s sweating.”

Hikaru immediately pressed his lips to the boys forehead.

“Shit. Fever,” He whispers.

He gently pats Kuros face.

“Kuro, wake up for a second.”

He hummed in acknowledgement and his eyes fluttered open.

Hikaru takes the breathing mask off him and grabs the pill and water with a straw from Kaoru, who was holding it out.

“Here, take this.”

He takes it and plops it in his mouth, then starts sipping on the water, washing the pill down when he swallows and he starts coughing. Hikaru puts the mask back on Kuro and again he falls asleep.

He looks over to Haruhi with thankful eyes.

“Thanks for telling us, that could’ve been a disaster.”

“No problem, I’m assuming it has something to do with his weak immune system?”

“Yeah, they increased the dosage of the chemo even higher and it basically killed his immune system. He should be feeling better by tomorrow, so it’s a relief that he only has to go through a day of constantly throwing up and medicine shoved in his arms and down his throat. He has the determination to fight but his body is getting weaker and weaker everyday.”

He smiles down at his brother in his arms.

“But we’re praying that he’ll win this war.”

“I’ll be praying too.”

“Thank you, I know that means a lot to him, me as well.”

Kuro shifts and opens his eyes slightly.

“Hi Haruhi.”

He looks around and realize everyone is watching him.

“Hi everyone. Sorry if I worried any of you. I’ll be back to my normal self by tomorrow. So don’t worry.”

He smiles at them, but you can see the pain he’s in. They all nod and the bell rings, signaling club time.

👋Bye👋