(photo of gustave) Chapter 7

The restaurant was in a buzz. Everyone was present. People came from all over the globe to participate and donate to the event.

Dressed in a black tight fitted skirt up to her knees ,simple long sleeve white shirt,black silk tie and black four inch heel Alexia felt confident.

Earlier that morning Hailey took her to the hair salon where the hair stylist flat ironed her red curly hair placing it in a bun. With light makeup and lip gloss matching her lip color Alexia took a look in the mirror and almost didn't recognise herself.

Alexia walk around the room Holding a tray of fingerings in both hands. Alexia couldn't believe herself when she stood in front of the prince of Dubai.

Alexia remembered what Gustave said to her and so she took a deep breath to stop her heart racing with excitement. With a smile plastered on her rosy cheek face she glided across the room with grace serving everyone.

Mid way into the night Alexia finally spotted Hailey. Hailey was wearing a strapless gold dress all the way down her legs which covered her gold open toe pencil heel shoes. The dress hugged every curve of Hailey's body that her breast were almost spilling out the front. Two gentleman including Harold and Maggie stood with her.

Alexia walk up to them offering the tray.

'Good evening ladies,gentlemen can I offer you one of our delicious fingerings. Its called morite'. Alexia says bowing with a smile.

Hailey spins around,handing Josh her win glass she kisses Alexia on both cheeks.

'God this place looks beautiful. You guys did a great job Lexie'. Hailey says.

Everyone shook their head in agreement to what Hailey said.

'Fingerings anyone'? Alexia says winking in Harold direction.

'Oh yes please. Thanks Lexie'. Harold says as he takes one and pops it in his mouth with a slit mourn escaping.

'This is the life'. Harold said still chewing the morite.

'I see you've just made my husband chit on me Lexie'. Maggie says laughing loud that everyone laugh too.

'Everyone this is my friend Alexia Carlton. Alexia this is Joshua Anderson, Phil Atwick and you have already met the Cunningham's Harold and Maggie'. Hailey says to everyone.

'Its a pleasure meeting one of Hailey's acquaintances'. Raising his glass up in salute Josh says.

Curtsying lightly with a smile on her face Alexia says 'like wise sir'.

My father is the sir Ms.Carlton. You may call me Josh. Josh says with a smile on his face showing off the dimple on his right cheek.

Looking at the man closely Alexia thought she knew him from somewhere. This man was tall with thick long eyelashes, green eyes,black hair,tan skin and mesmerizing in his black tux,black tie, gold shirt with gold cufflinks. He had an air about him that says "I know I look damn hot".

'Nice meeting you josh'. Alexia says still staring with a crest between her forehead. Shaking it off she placed a smile on her face.

'And this handsome devil is Phil Atwick'. Hailey says turning to Phil. Alexia notice that Phil had blonde hair,blue eyes and red lips. was not as tall as the two men and his skin was perfect . Dressed in a black tux with a baby pink shirt, gold tie.

'Its nice meeting a woman that's finally not a blonde nor brunette'. Phil says winking in Hailey's direction.

'Oh put a sock in it Phil you know you love me'. Hailey says and everyone laughed.

'Its nice meeting you all but I do have to make my rounds now but I'll see you guys later'. Alexia says and with that she turns and head toward the kitchen.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇
Alexia placed a tray of pourri on the kitchen counter and sat on a stool a little bit. What a night this is turning out to be its close to midnight and the banquet is still in full swing. Taking off her shoe on her right leg Alexia stretch it a little.

'Great night huh'. Eric says standing behind her.

Alexia turns around and with a smile on her face she agrees with Eric. At that moment Gustave and a tall gentleman in a black tux, white shirt and gold cufflink walks towards them. Alexia quickly puts on her shoe and stands up.

'You don't have to stand Ms Carlton I'm just here to thank you personally for doing a fine job'. The gentleman says while stretching out his hand in Alexia's direction for a handshake. He had a wide grin on his face and dimples on either side of his cheek bones.

'Its all Gustave sir'. Alexia says with a smile on her face. Taking the mans hand in hers she felt an electric shock run throughout her whole body. She looked up and froze. She tried pulling her hand away but he held on. Looking around while the three men spoke ignoring her now she tried again to have her hand free but he wouldn't let go.

Alexia's head was fuming and she didn't hear what the gentleman said to her because there she was while the three men stared down at her in a questioning look. It was Gustave who finally answered.

'Oui Monsieur Anderson. Ms. Carlton would take a break for she has been on her toes all day'. Says Gustave smirking at her.

Alexia was shocked and speechless for awhile then spoke up 'but sir...'

'Nonsense moi petit fleur rouge. Go take a break and besides I know you can answer all the questions to Monsieur Anderson yes'! Gustave said and with that he puts an arm around Eric's shoulder and left Alexia steering daggers at the gentleman.

'I didn't properly introduce myself. My name is James Anderson'. James says still holding onto Alexia hand and smirking.

Alexia pulls her hand firmly out of his and stands with arms folded under her burst she looks him square in the eye and says 'I don't need to know who you are'. And with that she turned around.

'Wait',James says. Stretching his hand out onto her left shoulder he steps into her body and turns Alexia around. Their body collided and for a split second James forgot where he was.