(photo of alexia) Chapter 1

New York city 'the big apple'. A new beginning is what Alexia needed. After driving for 4 days Alexia finally got to Hailey's two bedroom apartment building where she would be staying. You see Hailey is Alexia's best and only friend for as long as she could remember. They all lived in the same building in Augusta. Even though Hailey is 3 years older than her,she and Alexia shared everything together so when Hailey ask that Alexia move up to new York after her mom passed away she was overjoyed.

Alexia park her old beat up Honda in the parking lot and Pop the trunk. Pulling out her cell she dial Hailey's number. After 2 rings she heard an over excited Hailey speak.

'Hey Lexie are you here?'.

'Yep and guess what, I need someone's help getting all this junk I brought into her apartment'. Alexia said laughing.

'Be right down'. Said Hailey laughing.

They both hang up their phones and within minutes Hailey was out of the building heading in Alexia's direction with a huge smile on her face.

'I'm so happy you finally made it'. She said while giving Alexia a hug. Stepping out of Hailey's embrace Alexia notice something different.

'Soo, you're a blonde'. Alexia said smirking.

'Well like they say blondes do have the most fun'. She said with a devilish smile.

Alexia laughed and began removing her stuff from the trunk of the car. After locking the car they headed toward the apartment building and unto the elevator to the 4th floor.

In less than a minute they were inside the apartment.

'Rules, there are no rules'. Hailey said smiling at Alexia. 'Just think of it as a long overdue vacation'.

'Right'. Alexia said smiling sarcastically while rolling her eyes. Hailey playfully punched Alexia's shoulder then made her way towards the kitchen.

Looking around Alexia saw that the apartment was simple yet elegant. There was a beige sofa set, dark wood coffee table in the centre of the room, dark rug on the beige cold tiles, paintings and family portraits hang up on every side of the living room wall,a book self(which they both know Hailey doesn't like to read) and a fireplace.

Dropping her handbag onto a beige sofa she went into the stainless steel kitchen where Hailey was standing in front of an open fridge.

'So what can I get yeah. I've got bud lite, corona, Heineken, wine or just plain aqua'. Hailey said.

'Well I've never had aqua before so I'll try that'.

Turning to Alexia with a wicked smile on her face Hailey said 'one water coming right up'.

Alexia looked at Hailey with confusion on her face when Hailey burst out laughing. At first Alexia didn't get it but then she started laughing also.

'Is that what they call water these days'. Alexia said

'So, bud lite it is'. Hailey said.

They both sat on stools which were position around an island counter.
'I'm happy you're here Lexie'. Hailey said.

'So am I'. Alexia said.

They both raise their beers and saluted one another.
'To new beginnings'. Hailey said

'Here,here'. Alexia said with a smile. To a fresh start on life.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Alexia is not a heavy drinker so after a few beers Hailey decided to show Alexia her sleeping quarters. Hailey helped her with the unpacking while speaking about the past and present.

'Hey, there's a job vacancy at a high rise restaurant down town which is called Per Se. The owner is a dear friend of mine. I'll give him a call to get you on board. If you're interested that is?! ' Hailey said

'That sounds great. Thanks Hailey you're the best'.

'No biggie. Ill give Gustave a call first thing in the morning and besides he owes me big time'. She said smiling.

After setting up the room Alexia decided to grab a shower. wearing grey slacks and a white tank top she took herself into the living room.

'Hey Lexie, wanna watch 16 candles or pretty woman?'. Hailey said yelling.

'Choices,choices'. Alexia said with a smile.

Hailey knows Alexia love both movies but Julia Robert and Richard gear has her heart racing every time.

'Pretty woman it is then'. Hailey said.

They both sat on the couch with popcorn and chocolate ice cream in hand they began watching their favorite movie.

'I cant believe i always cry when she lives the hotel'. Blowing her noise in a tissue Hailey said sadly.

'Look at the bright side, she gets her prince in the end. Right?!' Alexia said trying to cheer up Hailey as always.

'Yeah you're right'. Hailey says smiling in Alexia's direction.

'OK enough of this emotional sush, I'm tired and it has been a long day for you. Let's call it a night.' says Hailey.

They both got up from the sofa said their good nights and headed towards their own rooms.
The bed felt so comfortable that as soon as Alexia's head hits the pillow she was sound asleep.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇