Chapter 7: Action and Reaction

Start from the beginning

---TIMESKIP---

3 days passed since that little incident, and Talion still evidently held a grudge at all those who present to see his face. Even the others could feel it, they couldn't see it visually though, since Talion always kept his cool and was always a hard one to crack. As everyone got their grub and made their way to their tables, a noticeable group of women started crowding at one section of the cafeteria. The other side was reserved for the men, and there Talion was, right smack dab in the middle just minding his own business and dozing off into a nap. Talion could tell, they were discussing about the events of 3 nights ago. Yet, he didn't care anymore, he just wanted to rest his eyes and his mind from thinking and pondering. Something about that night made him feel uneasy and anxious, for reasons unexplained.

---Ela POV---

I noticed the crowd gathering in our usual spot in the cafeteria, so I decided to join in and check out what was going on. Yet, before I could even sit down amongst the group, I could already hear their loud murmuring from a distance. What certainly peaked my interest was that they mentioned him, Talion.

Ela: "So ladies, mind telling me what the hell is going on?"

Ying: "Haven't you heard yet? Talion revealed his face to Doc. Then Meghan, Grace and even Taina came in and saw it by 'accident'."

Ela: "Oh, explains a lot."

A couple questions that frequently popped up were 'how did he look?', 'was he cute', or 'did he look scary or something?'. 

Valkyrie: "How do I put this.. He's uhm.. Pretty hot."

Zofia: "Pfft. Even if he is, I don't think he's courteous enough."

Everyone turned to Grace and Cav to see if they could confirm it. Cav all but shrugged the attention off while Grace simply blushed and hid her face behind her tablet. Grace's expression did confirm Meghan's statement, and a united "OooOoOoooh" was heard. Everyone started daydreaming about how Talion looked under the mask, an evident smile subconsciously formed on each of their faces, all except Grace (dokkaebi), Meghan (valkyrie) and Taina (caveira) of course. Hell, even Eliza (ash), who was known for her overconfidence and intimidating stature (not to mention a non-existent head hitbox), also fellvictim to the 'daydreaming' spell. I too wondered how he looked like under that mask, although I really wanted to know, I doubt I would want to ask the man himself if he could show me. That's when I looked at Talion's table. There he was, napping peacefully despite all the noice created by our little 'group discussion' over here. But, something was off. He was twitching from time to time, his hand and arm would twitch, then his leg, then his head. I observed for a few minutes, but the occasional twitching started to grow more constant now. Even Doc and most of the male operators on the other side of the cafeteria noticed it. We exchanged looks before prompting one another to approach Talion. Me, Gustave, and Mike all slowly approached Talion, whos twitching creeped each of us out as we approached the napping warrior. The rest of the male audience could only watch in anticipation. Soon enough, even the women noticed what we were doing, and slowly fell silent. They too, watched us, waiting for something to happen.

When I was less than half a meter away from him, I slowly extended my hands towards his helmet, which was also twitching constantly. With each inch closer, the twitchs got more and more rapid, until I was a couple centimeters away from the surface of his helmet. He suddenly lunged forward and grabbed both my wrists tightly. He was breathing heavily, to the point of hyperventilation, and was scanning his surroundings, trying to find out what was going on.

Me: "YEOUCH!!" I cringed in pain, Talion had a sort of death grip on my wrists, as if he was clinging on for dear life.

Mike: "Mate relax! It's us! You were twitching like a mad man while you were napping. So we came over to check on yah."