Jon couldn't see Gendry's face, but he could almost feel disappointment radiating off the young man. "Alright then, if you think that's best, I won't refuse ya."

"Finally, someone listens," Davos commented, walking shoulder to shoulder with Jon as they made their way to the war room. "I hope you'll forgive me for trying to keep who his father is from ya, Your Grace, but I thought with everything going on, the last thing you'd want to be worrying about is the Queen's reaction to you harboring the bastard of the man who took the throne from her father."

"It's alright, Davos." Jon reassured him. "But I'm glad it came out now. Gendry, do me a favor and stay close to me during this meeting. Daenerys isn't likely to be happy with any of us when I tell her who you are, but if it comes from me, it'll likely blow over fairly quickly. I think."

"And why on earth would you tell her?" Davos hissed, grabbing Jon's arm to halt them in the middle of the hallway. "I brought him here to help us because we need the help, and we'll treat him better than the Lannisters ever will, not to be food for dragons!"

"Daenerys and I have agreed that the best way to rule together, is to have no secrets between us," Jon explained, shrugging out of Davos' grasp. "We've already begun breaking ground in that regard, I'm not going to ruin it by keeping something like this from her."

"If it helps... I can tell her I don't want the throne." Gendry added. "I don't know nothing about ruling, I'm more than happy swinging a hammer."

Davos looked between Jon and Gendry and sighed in defeat. "Don't mind me, I've done nothing but been voluntold to come with ya and give ya advice."

"I told her what happened to me at Castle Black, and she believes me." Jon insisted. "She finally believes me about the white walkers. I'm not going to jeopardize that trust, Davos."

The older man cocked his head and frowned in thought, the news obviously a surprise to him, but not something he could discuss further in front of Gendry. "Come on, then. Lord Tyrion wouldn't even tell me anything on the trip back here. We'd better hurry up before we're late and we all become the big dragon's dinner."

The three men walked the rest of the way in silence, Jon leading the way into the war room where Daenerys, Tyrion, Varys, and Missandei were already waiting. He glanced around the room as he took his seat at the painted table, nodding to everyone in turn and finally resting on Dany. She was wearing her usual grey coat, with her three-headed dragon pin keeping a blood red sash in place and her customary chain hanging from her shoulder and crossing her body to her waist. Her hair was braided up in the complicated mass of braids she normally wore, and Jon was left dazed at how quickly she could get herself together from the simple robe and braid she was in when he left her chamber. Gone was the flush from her cheeks, but she reserved a very coy smile for him, and he found himself shifting uncomfortably in his chair and silently cursing Tyrion for calling this meeting so soon.

"Good morning, everyone." Tyrion greeted, nodding to Jon, Davos, and Gendry in turn. "Thank you for joining us so quickly. Before we begin, I believe introductions are in order."

Gendry fidgeted in his seat next to Jon for a moment then cleared his throat. "My name's Gendry, your grace. I'm a blacksmith."

Dany raised a brow at Jon, a small smile on her lips. "I'm pleased to meet you, Gendry. Your arrival is fortuitous, as King Jon and I may have found something we could use your help with."