A Proposal

A/N: There's a couple things to keep in mind about this fic, since it's a little AU from the get go.

-Daenerys never took Daario as a lover, and Hizdar died before their marriage, so she has not taken another man to her bed since her marriage to Drogo. A small part of her hopes Mirri Maz Durr's curse isn't true, however she believes it is.

-Since learning Jon has been crowned King in the North, Tyrion has suggested on several occasions that Jon is her hest prospect for a marriage alliance.

-Jon and Daenerys have had nightly dinners since he showed her the dragonglass cave and the drawings within it- a suggestion from Tyrion as a way to encourage an amicable relationship and to further strengthen their fragile alliance. Daenerys reluctantly agreed and the pair have begun to warm up to one another.

-Tyrion and Davos are prepping to go to King's Landing in order to meet with Jaime and they will be leaving in the morning following the dinner in the first part of this chapter.

**************************************

DAENERYS

"You're drinking more than usual this evening, your grace," Jon observed from across the small table before taking a sip from his own cup.

Daenerys arched a brow at his statement, then self-consciously put her wine cup down. "And if I am?" she asked, her tone curious as to why it would matter how much she drank. She'd just won a great victory, she deserved to celebrate, even if it was only a few extra cups of wine over dinner with Jon Snow.

The man smiled at her question, the action making Daenerys' heart flutter a little. "There's nothing wrong with it. Just stating a fact", was his cryptic response as he tore into a heel of bread. "Your victory over the Blackwater Rush today have anything to do with it?"

 "Your victory over the Blackwater Rush today have anything to do with it?"

"It would." She smiled back, nibbling on her own bread. She debated bringing up her other reason for drinking a little more wine than ber usual two cups, knowing it was something she inevitably had to ask of him but also knew it could potentially irreparably damage the fragile friendship they had begun to build via their nightly suppers. So she'd taken to drinking her sweet arbor gold in greater excess than normal in the hope that she'd gain some courage to do what needed to be done.

Tyrion had noticed their growing friendship, and pointed out that regardless if this half-cocked plan for an armistice with his sister worked and they managed to defeat this Night King that Jon Snow believed in, the northern lords were a prickly lot, and not liable to be happy to watch their king bend the knee and surrender their independence to her. Would it not, then, be smarter to make Jon Snow not only the king in the north but king of the seven kingdoms as well? Bring the north into the fold by marrying their king. Let him rule as an equal by her side, and not as a consort, to show the North that their voice would recognized and heard.