George Weasley X Reader

I sat in the front row in Potions

I sat in the front row in Potions. Right under Professor Snape's abnormally large downturned nose. Being a Slytherin, Pureblood, and top of the class, I was obviously Snape's favorite. He was also my favorite teacher as well. Knowing most students hated him, it was easy getting on his good side. Currently, all the students were working on a potion called 'Draught of Peace'. Which is basically a potion to help ease the mind from anxiety or agitation. From what the Professor was saying, it is a very difficult potion to brew, which I knew already. But a little bit of a challenge wouldn't deter me away from completing this task perfectly. I mean, that is why I am a Slytherin of course! Other students in my house tend to be rude and snobbish towards others but I'm the opposite of that. I'm kind to everyone, though I can be a bit awkward in conversation. I am shy but strong-minded. And of course, besides being a pureblood, the main reason I am wearing this green tie is because I am a perfectionist! Though I am still humble, I want to be the best at everything I put my mind to.

I work at my desk, carefully making sure to put the ingredients in exactly as described on paper. Just before Potion's class ended I finished. The only one in class to do so.

"Nice ..... work, (Y/n)" His voice annunciated the 'K' in 'work'. Snape spoke while bottling a bit of my potion into a vial. He handed it over, pinching it between his thumb and index finger. He was staring at me straight in the eyes as if he was telling me to put it to good use. Even though I was his favorite student, that didn't mean that the teacher wasn't still a bit standoffish towards me. I tucked the vial safely into my pocket and headed towards the library. When I made it there I quickly grabbed the second book to the series I was currently reading. It was some fiction novel I had gotten caught up in, a romance to be exact. I'm not usually the one to get sucked into such things, but for some reason, this book has me hooked. After checking out the new book, I began reading while walking down the corridor towards the dining hall. It was lunchtime, and even though I didn't want to deal with the girls who constantly talked about boys at my table, I was hungry and they were my only friends. If I could even call them that. Good thing I had this book to make me look busy.

I slumped into my seat at the very edge of the Slytherin table, not making eye contact and kept my focus on the words of the pages in front of my face. I could hear rambling from the girls around me. Talking about boys of course. I heard the mention of Draco, Blaise, Theodore, the usual talk among these girls. Though as I was reading, I heard two names I hadn't heard before. Fred and George Weasley. Weird, they never talked about any guy that wasn't in Slytherin unless he was famous. I shrugged it off as I put my book to the side, eating my plate of food that appeared before me. When I finished, I snagged a bar of small chocolate from the table preparing myself to leave for my next class. Which happened to be Defence Against the Dark Arts. I poped the chocolate on my tongue.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing?" Daphne Greengrass shouted at me, bringing the attention of the whole dining hall.

"Um-" I was at a lost for words. Why was she yelling at me? Did I do something wrong?