Prologue

I sat on my bed, staring out of the window. The sky was clear, so that I could see the stars without any problems.

I wish... I was a star. I wouldn't have to worry about stuff... I wouldn't have to regret things I have done... I would just stay there, shining, until my light fades...

I remembered what happened a few hours ago. Those scenes were running through my head.

Years will fly by... He will forget about me...

A tear rolled down my cheek.

And I will forget about him.

I thought of things that I wanted to say to him.

"Why don't you just... Go away...?! Never come back again!" He brushed off my hand which was holding his.

I thought of things that I wish I would have said.

"Listen. I... I don't want to leave you... But I haven't got another choice...! If I had, I'd stay with you!" I almost yelled and tried to grab for his hand.

And I thought of him. That guy who I promised to never leave.

"You're annoying!" He pulled his hand away and walked ahead, never looking back as he left me.

"I hope one day... You will realize that I did truly care for you...!" I stood up and walked to the window.

I watched his back as he left me and clenched my fists. I held back my tears. "I promise... I will come back!" He stopped walking and turned around. He was crying. A sad, small smile was on his lips. "You promised a lot... Didn't you...?" I couldn't bear it anymore. I cried. But I put on a smile. "Yeah... I did. And let me promise another thing." I took a deep breath.

I held my hand against the window, staring at the nightsky while silently crying my soul out.

"I promise... You will miss me being there... Putting up on you...! Refusing to give up on you...! You will regret, me not being there anymore. You will regret  wishing for me, not to coming back. I said it and will say it a last time...

I don't want to leave you. If I had a choice, I'd stay with you! But I haven't got one... No one has...! I know you may not forgive me, but... I would want you to. I would want you to forgive me just once more...!"

He stared at me with a stoic expression on his face.

I slammed my fist against the glass, not being afraid that it would break. "Damn it... Why... Why can't I stop crying...?!"

He opened his mouth. "So this is your goodbye, huh?" I looked at him with shocked eyes. But they soon softened. "Yeah. Yeah, it is. Goodbye." He stared at me and walked off without saying anything else.

I felt hurt.

I felt broken.

Without him by my side.

I want him to forgive me.

I silently opened the window.

"Someday... You will turn your back, not waiting for me any longer. You will forget me. I will forget you. That's the easiest way... But even though... I hope you will forgive me. Forgive me just once more...!