Chapter Ten

“So, we’re going out this weekend yes?” It was one of those cool evenings where the sun refused to respect itself and set. Yet, the wind blew and blew because there were no mountains to fall its hand by not bowing.

“Again? I mean its not like I’m complaining, it’s just… Broooo we’ve gone out every weekend since we started dating.” And here they were, another weekend strolling hand in hand through the Golf Course of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital. Strolling through the large expanse of greenery on Friday evenings was inadvertedly becoming a culture, one that she deeply enjoyed, for it was just them, nature, tall buildings and the occasional reminder of the existence of the human race either in a car, keke or on foot. They would spend hours talking about literally everything and nothing, then end up resting their bullied legs and heated bodies in Hall 5 BusStop from there they would walk to June 12 and get either Meshai or just Suya or barbecue chicken and chips. Who said love had to be expensive?

“We started dating two weeks ago, what's your point?”  Before she could cut in, “And, don’t you ever call me bro again. I’m the man in your life, it’s boyfriend or some sugary nickname to you, none of that bro stuff.”

“Okay... bro.” Tseju said, mere nano seconds before she wisely took of running. But really,  the man is over 6ft tall, has longer legs and so, that was over before it even started.

Catching up to her and coiling one chubby long arm around her slim but thick waist, he all but breathes into her ear, “You were saying?”

Despite the shivers that go racing through her skin from the contact, she somehow manges to answer. “My love. My rover. Flowa my flower.”

“That's better, but none of that flora my flower stuff, lookat all this chest, I'm more of a wall than a flower." He said, flexing God knows what. Wait. It's not like the man isn't fit oh... Its just that his village people have used his muscles to build a broom manufacturing firm soooo he kinda has almost zero muscle definition.

“Yea, a very fluffy wall," She said, placing both hands on the wall of his chest. She loved to tease her man about his lack of a six pack, but secretly... She loved how soft his body was. He was like a very comfortable walking talking throw pillow and she loved it! "Noted. So, where we going to?”

"Well, I want you to meet the boys.”

“The what?” Her eyes bulged right open and inadvertently plummeted down to his nether regions.

“Whoa whoa hold on Madonna." Bayo said, struggling not to laugh at her misconception. "Girl, you ain't meeting those boys without a wedding band on your fingers. I'm talking about my best friends. Bello, Chuks, Mako and Mayo. They’re dying to meet you.”

Tseju turned to look up at her man, squinting to keep the sun from sneaking into her eyes. She would process the fact that he just hinted at a no sex without marriage clause later, but for now “Woa!!! slow down Usain. Isn’t it too early for that? It’s been what two weeks and 5 days…”

“Well, its kinda too late for it to be too early, they just touched down Lagos Nigeria 10 minutes ago.” And before she could interrupt, “Hold up hold up… you been counting days?”

“What? Ionoh what ya talking about boy. You hearing things.” Tseju said, instantly dropping her eyes to the floor beneath her feet.

“Oh… I’m hearing things now… well you about to be seeing things. Them Nike’s in the car, you don’t see em. Bro.” Bayo said. Now it was his turn to  find trouble.

"Ah ahhhhh!!! Flora my flowaaaaaaa... Is nor laidat naaaaa. Shuu somebody cannot follow you and play again???"

*********************************************