39

Ada has joined Elijah on his tour of some historical sighs of Mystic Falls, Jenna is hosting the tour. Jenna was thrilled Ada comes along, and she thinks Ada looks adorable with Elijah. 

"The old Fell property actually starts just being that fence." Jenna says, pointing a white fence out.

"Ah, the Fells." Elijah says as he keeps Ada's arm looped with his own. "One of the Founding Families."

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asks.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier." Elijah claims. "It was a migration of townsfolk from northern, um, it was Salem, to be precise."

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asks.

"Which means the ever-laufed founding families... Didn't actually found anything." Elijah claims and he kisses Ada's head, she smiles.

Jenna smiles at them. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founder's hall in 1860. Men are very territorial."

Elijah wraps an arm around Ada's waist and gives her a protective squeeze. "Yes, they are."

Alaric walks over and he joins the trio.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduces.

"I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines." Alaric says, almost sounding jealous. "I thought I would tag along. You know, being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

"I'm pretty curious  about the freed slave property owners." Elijah replies. "Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers if American society."

"Well, I only brought the surveys." Jenna says. "I got that last list in the car. Just give me a sec." Jenna walks away. 

"Alaric Saltzman." Elijah says smoothly, warming Ada's insides as she smiles. "You're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

"So is Jenna." Alaric claims.

"You don't have tonne jealous, I don't really pursue younger women." Elijah teases, earning an elbow in the rib. "It's a joke, Ric, lighten up. I'm with Ada anyway."

Elijah pats Alaric's shoulder and he walks away with his girl.
~~*~~

Elijah, Ada, and Jenna join Damon, Alaric, and Andie's table when they enter the Grill.

"Hey, guys." Jenna greets them

"So, I hear you three had quite a meeting of historical minds today." Damon says.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jenna replies

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade." Alaric outs some money on the table and stands up.

"No, you know what? We should continue this." Andie says. "Let's have a dinner party."

"Ooh, my girl." Damon brags. "Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight, maybe?"

"It's good for me." Andie says. "Jenna?"

Alaric is hesitant. "I don't know if tonight works..."