Chapter 5

It had been almost a day before James had seen Remus again. He and Sirius had shared a dorm and unfortunately James got stuck with a boy he didn't know. So that made it exceptionally hard to try and talk to Remus. He wanted more information on Remus'... crush I guess you could call it? James had always known in some way; nonetheless, Remus actually telling him left him shocked.

When James finally did see Remus, he was in the Great Hall, sulking and pushing his food around unenthusiastically. He didn't blame him for his loss of appetite. Sirius still hadn't woken up after almost 3 days. He needed to eat though, that night was the full moon. The first full moon this year without Sirius. Even if Sirius did wake up, he would still be too weak to go. Remus was aware of this, which made his depression spiral even worse. "Hey," James said when he sat down next to Remus.

Remus wanted to be alone, but had to admit seeing James made him feel tremendously better. "Hey," Remus replied, and smiled slightly "So about tonight.."

"I'm still coming, you know" James said, cutting off Remus. This shocked Remus, he was almost positive James wouldn't come without Sirius.

"Are you sure?"

"Why would I not," James asked, slightly perplexed.

Remus shook his head, "I don't know."

James smiled, "Okay well you need to eat."

"But," Remus protested.

"I know you're not hungry, but just take some food and sit with Sirius in Madam Pomfrey's" James replied.

"I've got to go to class!" Remus replied.

"About that," James started and pulled a tattered letter, with small scrawled writing on the front. Dumbledore's writing. He handed it to Remus, who seized the letter quickly and started to read it, extremely confused.

Dear Mr. Lupin,
Due to the event tonight, and Mr. Black's current state, you are granted permission to stay absent from class until Thursday morning. Your professors have allowed you a pass from any homework that you would have to make up. Feel better soon.
Sincerely,
Dumbledore.

Remus was shocked why had Dumbledore done this for him, then he realized, it was the work of James. He smiled, put some food and a jug of pumpkin juice into his bag and headed to Madam Pomfrey.

The full moon had gone as well as it could've gone. James remained untouched by Remus' "curse" and Remus was free of any new scars. He ended up sleeping for the entirety of the day on Tuesday and by the time Wednesday morning rolled around he was famished. After throwing on clean clothes, he practically flew down the flights of stairs and into the Great Hall. He piled his plate with a mountain of assorted foods and inhaled it, practically almost choking. By the time James arrived, he was chugging pumpkin juice and washing down the food he ate.

James sat down and started to eat a bowl of porridge. "Did you eat yet?"

Remus just laughed, "obviously."

"Okay good," James said. "By the way, Sirius woke up yesterday. I went after dinner. He asked for you, but I didn't want to wake you."

Remus' eyes lit up and his heart started pounding. "What?" He practically yelled to the entire hall.

James smiled and shook his head, "Go."

Remus shot up and ran out the huge double doors, almost slipping. He didn't stop running until he reached the hospital corridor, and nervously walked down to the closed doors, his stomach doing cartwheels. He took a deep breath, braced himself, and gently pushed open the unlocked doors.