Chapter 3

"Remus?" Sirius said as he walked into their pitch black dormitory.

No reply came from his silent bed.

Sirius started walking around the room but ran into a bed pole. "Ugh," he muttered "Lumos."

His wand flicked and a bright light starting emitting from it. He could finally see and realized that Remus was sleeping silently. Or pretending to sleep

Without thinking he shook him softly, "Moony?"

No reply once again.

Sirius shook him harder, "Remus? Are you awake?"

The boy sighed and turned over in his bed. "What do you want Sirius?"

"I just," Sirius started "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Remus said "Can we talk tomorrow?"

Sirius sighed softly, "Sure."

"Goodnight Moons."

Remus smiled faintly, "Goodnight."

"Nox," Sirius whispered before undressing.

The light flicked off and Sirius pulled off his robes, whilst walking over to grab some pajamas. He threw them on, sighed, and crashed down onto his bed.

                                          —
Sirius awoke the next morning to a deathly quiet room. He rubbed his eyes and turned his head to see Remus quietly reading a book.

"Morning," Sirius said.

Remus put down his book, "Hey, good morning."

"  So," Sirius started but was interrupted by 
Remus.

"I'm sorry I've been an arse." Remus said. "After breakfast, would you possibly want to go down to the lake? Study maybe?"

Sirius grinned, "Sure."  
                                         —

Breakfast was boring as usual, and after Remus, Sirius, and James headed down to the lake. Remus' was truly thankful that Melanie hadn't decided to tag along, he need to talk to Sirius, urgently. His only problem now was James.

Per usual when they arrived, Remus' protests that they need to study were ignored by the other two who just wanted to run around like 5 year olds. Eventually Remus gave up and sat down to study by himself.

While Remus studied, James and Sirius kept tossing enchanted rocks into the lake. They were only interrupted by a tall black figure with greasy black hair.

"Well, well what do we have here?" James said mockingly.

Sirius grinned and pointed his wand at the boy, "Expelliarmus."

Snape's books went flying out of his hands, and a few landed by Remus, making him suddenly aware of the situation.

"Oh no," Remus muttered, as Severus pulled out his wand.

"Black," Snape said "Always side-by-side with Potter. Is it because he can't fight his own battles."

"Just because I don't use...dark magic, doesn't mean I can't fight my own battles," snarled James.

"Then why is your, boyfriend never out of your sight?" cackled Snape mockingly.

Sirius ran towards him, "Hey!"

"Oh right, he's in love with the mudblood."

Remus stood by gawking at the three, next thing he saw was Snape flicking his wand, and Sirius flying back screaming.

"PADS!" Shouted Remus, as he ran down.

There were huge slits in Sirius' chest and abdomen. He was still screaming and faintly crying. Remus scooped him up, and suddenly Sirius passed out, either from the excruciating pain or massive blood loss.

James already had Snape dangling from a tree by the time Remus started running to the castle.

"I'm taking him to Madam Pomfrey," Remus choked.

James just nodded and turned back to Snape. Not even caring if he got expelled.