xvii

*

jordiebenn, candaceseguin, zhall and 9,532 other likes

tagged: dallasstars, tseguin92

lexirhall sent my boy and his boys off to the first round of the playoffs.. have faith baby

1,543 comments

* (I'm gonna be honest I have about 0 clue about how the playoffs actually work so sorry if the inaccuracies offend you :/)

The month of April was probably one of the most intense times of Lexi's life. Much to the surprise of many hockey fans, the Stars had persisted through the playoffs and had even ended up in the Stanley Cup final. Lexi hadn't been able to make it to many of the playoff games, other than one in Washington and one in Arizona. But she was there for the final round of the playoffs, where the Stars were squaring off against the Bruins. 

Lexi knew that this game was one of the biggest of Tyler's life. Not only was it the Stanley Cup final, but it was also the Stanley Cup Final against the Bruins. Lexi had flown out to Boston with Sarah and Logan. Her parents and brothers had promised to watch the games from home, and Sarah and Logan had both decided this was the perfect time to take a vacation. 

Jackie, Paul, Candace, and Cassidy had met them in Boston, and the seven of them had decided to rent a house rather than renting a block of hotel rooms. It also gave Tyler a getaway for when he needed some time away from the team and the pressure. The first two games had gone in Dallas' favor, with Boston then taking the next game, followed by game four going to Dallas and game five going back to Boston. After a grueling game six, Boston had come out on top again, and Tyler had spent over an hour in the showers after the game before Lexi had had to come in and encourage him to return back to the house with her. 

Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Final was otherworldly. The fans were like nothing Lexi had ever seen, and she had been to the Super Bowl. Tyler had worked himself hard to the bone in the two practices they had between game 6 and 7. When game day came, Tyler had been silent and all of the women in his life had been rightfully worried. But when he got out onto the ice, it was like Tyler was another person. It was obvious he was playing the best hockey of his life. 

The game had been neck and neck, with both teams playing rough and the chirping was reaching a whole new high. Lexi had found herself gripping both Sarah and Jackie's hands so tight during the whole game. When Boston tied the game with a minute and a half left in the third period, Lexi could almost feel her heart sink. She could see the determination on Tyler's face as he shouted to his team, as they attacked the last minute of the game. 

Twenty seconds left in the third period of the Stanley final. 

Fifteen seconds. 

Tyler Seguin makes a trick shot. 

One that Dallas taught him, and he perfected. Something the Bruins hadn't seen from the old Tyler. 

It slips right through Rask's glove. 

The stadium roars. Logan screams and wraps his little sister up and swings her around. The girls are all crying as the buzzer finally goes off. Lexi has to crouch down for a moment to calm her breathing and to cry in solitude. She feels Jackie rest a hand on her shoulder, and she meets the older woman's eyes to share a proud smile. Lexi stands back up with Sarah hugging her and jumping up and down as she glances down at the ice to see the boys all hugging and dog piling on the ice.

Once Tyler pulls back from Jamie, the two laughing, he looks up to the box where his girl and his family sits, and he enthusiastically waves them down. Sarah and Logan choose to stay in the box and head to the house with the Seguin's once they leave the ice while Lexi stays with Tyler. Lexi practically sprints down to the ice with Jackie, Paul, Candace, and Cassidy following her at a more sedate pace. 

The rink security ushered them to the ice, and Lexi barely gave a thought to the idea of slipping as she stepped onto the ice. She slid her way to Tyler who whooped when he caught sight of the women. He scooped Lexi up as she reached him, squealing against his lips as he started skating a lap around the rink with her wrapped around him. 

"I am so proud of you baby," she shouted into his ear, planting a kiss on his neck as she smiled brightly, pulling back to meet his eyes. "You deserve this Tyler." The man's eyes softened as he drifted to a stop near his mom and sisters, letting Lexi slide down his body and kissing her deeply one more time before turning his huge smile to the rest of his family. 

"Jams!" Lexi yelled as the Captain in question scooped the girl up into a bear hug as she watched Tyler and the other Seguin's fondly. "Congratulations!!!" Jamie grins brightly, chuckling when he sees Klingberg and Spezza carrying the trophy towards Tyler and Jamie. Jamie calls his best friend over so they can hoist the trophy over their heads together, the moment both of them had dreamed about. 

"Baby!" Tyler yelled to Lexi who was taking photos of the two boys. "Come on in Lex," Tyler encouraged, laughing as Lexi protested only for Klingberg to gently shove the girl over to the guys.

After some time on the ice, the team eventually made their way to the locker room where the celebrations continued in the locker room with the addition of alcohol. Tyler and Lexi said goodbye to his family, Logan, and Sarah before they headed to the locker room. 

After many champagne showers, and drinks from the Stanley Cup itself, and emotional speeches, the team and friends and family headed out to the bars or heading home. Tyler and Lexi took an uber home, where they sat in the living room for another two hours with their friends and family before the two of them stumbled up to bed, sharing a lazy makeout coupled with a sloppy congratulatory round of sex before they both passed out. 

*

jordiebenn, zhall, sarahxx34 and 9,976 other likes

lexirhall to my love,

i am so unbelievably proud of you. You have poured your blood, sweat and tears into this team, and into the idea of winning another cup. I am so unbelievably proud to have been able to stand by and see you reach that goal. You inspire me every day and I am so happy for you and your team for reaching this milestone. my heart is yours.

587 comments

*