Chapter 5: First Time for Everything

Start from the beginning

PA Announcer: "Bomb diffuser active. Disable it."

I was holding an angle via staying in the other bomb site, when I heard:

PA Announcer: "4 v 2. Thermite was killed by Ela."

PA Announcer: "3 v 2. Twitch was killed by Caveira."

PA Announcer: "2 v 2. Ying was killed by Caveira."

Turns out, Thermite was killed when he tried to hold a staircase, and Twitch and Ying decided to hold the window via rappelling. However, they forgot to take out the exterior cameras, which gave Caveira enough information to do a run out on their exact positions, killing them both while they rappelled. Damn that cheeky demon woman. It was just Zofia and me. Zofia was watching one stair while I was watching the other. Lucky for us, Zofia shot a concussive grenade out of pure instinct at the stair I was holding, and it detonated. Which meant that someone was in close proximity of the stairs.

Talion: "Fuck it. Fortune favors the bold." I said whilst activating my thermals.

I dashed towards the stairs, threw a smoke and hopped over the railing, only to find the outline of Caveira (thanks to thermal imagery) looking at the stairwell. I shot her about 20 times. Yikes, probably overkill.

PA Announcer: "2 v 1. Caveira was killed by Talion."

Caveira: "OUCH! A little bit too much dont you think?" A slight growl ended her sentence.

I just waved my finger in a "Oh no you don't" fashion, causing her to growl even more. I was so busy with it in fact, that I realised Zofia was engaging her sister, Ela.

I made my way back to the site with the diffuser, and sat on the outside of a door. Then out of nowhere, I hear a slight shriek of pain and the PA System going off.

PA Announcer: "1 v 1. Zofia was killed by Ela. 10 seconds left."

Ela had to make her move. She had no time. What I predicted came to pass, and she ran into the bomb site, prefiring everything and looking for the diffuser. As soon as I heard her footsteps, I leaned to peak down the doorway, and saw her with her back against me.

Talion: "Perfect."

Once I peaked, my HUD had marked her head and her chest as targets, which acts almost like real life aim assist. Out of instinct, I fired 5 shots into my target. One on each shoulder, one on the heart, and on into the cap she was wearing (her head basically). But, yet again. It was a bit overkill. I reached out my hand for her for some reason, but quickly redacted my hand.

PA Announcer: "All defenders eliminated. Attackers win the round."

I put on my gun's sling and placed the gun on the back. Then I saw Doc staring at me with a surprised look. I went to pick him up, and went towards Ela, who had her ass flat on the ground after the barrage of precise shots I made. I put both my hands on her shoulders and scanned for any injuries I may have caused.

Ela: "Yeowch.. That, kinda hurt.. But I'm fine, relax. Those are just rubber bullets."

I stood her up and patted her lower back all the way down to the back of her thighs to remove any dust that her clothing had visibly contracted. I looked back at her face and she was blushing red. I tilt my head as to why she was doing so, then realise I slapped her butt in the process. Yikes. What makes it worse is I slapped each individual cheek, twice. Double yikes.

Talion: "Sorry. Didn't mean to do that."

Ela: "It's fine. I can do it myself y'know." She says with a chuckle of embarrassment to end her sentence.