Julian Edelman

for @Brookie2105 

"Wide Receivers! Line up for drill 23!" I am a trainer assigned to help all wide receivers and tight ends with any injuries and injury prevention. As they line up, I have my eye on one of them. Julian Edelman. He is a very talented WR and I am very proud to say we are good friends. 

My heart drops as I see him run the route, then drop to the ground clutching his right knee. I rush onto the field. 

"Julian, where does it hurt?" He points to his lateral side of his patella. "It might be his ACL, be careful. Let's get him to the trainers room." 

"In three, two, one, easy now." We set him down on one of the examining tables. "I got it from here, guys. Thanks"

"How is it, doc?" Julian asks lightly.

"I am gonna confirm with an MRI, but I believe you tore your ACL. I'm sorry, depending on the severity you could be out for months."

"Coach is gonna kill me." He says as he hangs his head.

"Julian, hey." I tilt his chin up. "You will be okay. I will help you get better as fast as I can, okay?"

"Thank you Brooke."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 9 Months Later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can run again!" Julian screams in excitement as he runs down the field after the rest of the team has left. 

"I told you we would make it through this." I say as he comes to a stop to grab the water bottle I had in my outstretched hand. 

"We, huh?" He says, slinging his arm around my shoulder. 

"Yeah, I said we."

"Hmm, isn't the guy supposed to ask the girl out?"

"It's 2019 Julian. Which means I can do this." I turned and kissed him. He kissed me back, and then we left the field to get some ice cream.