Jarvis Landry

for bakersangel

"Baby girl, I'm home." Jarvis was returning from a long day of practice. He was too busy thinking about the surprise for next week, he was dropping ball after ball in practice. Coach practiced the receiver hard that day.

you know you really something, yeah

how'd we get here so damn fast?

only you can tell me that

baby, 'cause you know I'm coming back

"Jarvis, can you come to the bedroom?"

"Of course, baby."

He walks into see her there with the sheets all made up, and her there with a red dress on.

"Abby, what are you all dressed up for? There isn't an anniversary I forgot is there?"

"No, baby. I got dressed up for you because I have a surprise."

you're making me forget my past

never thought i'd feel like that again

I came to peace with my past

now you got me off track

"Now, you got me curious."

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands."

"Okay."

Abby put the box into his hands. She also put the tiny t-shirts on the bed.

"Open your eyes, Jarvis."

"A box?"

"Open it, silly boy."

Jarvis opens the box to see a pregnancy test with two little pink lines.

"Are you...?" 

Jarvis then turns his attention to the bed where he sees two t-shirts. One says 'Daddy's Little Girl', the other says 'Dad's Little Man'.

"You are going to be a father Jarvis."

Abby is then enveloped in a hug by her boyfriend.

"I was going to wait to do this until next week, but now is as perfect a time as any."

He walks over to his nightstand, and grabs the little velvet box. He walks back over to his girlfriend. 

"Abby," he starts getting down on one knee, " I know we have had our share of trials and tribulations. You have entrusted in me the most precious thing you could. Your heart. I know that in the past you have been hurt by others and they have scarred the beautiful woman that is you. I want to be there for you throughout the rest of our lives. I know it is scary, hell, I am terrified. But I know that you are the one for me. You are the love of my life. I am tripping and falling for you, no safety net. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Abby falls to her knees. The tears she has been holding in finally making their way down her tanned skin.

"Yes, Jarvis. A million times, yes."

girl, you're mine, it's safe to say

at the end of the day

i've never been this scared before 

feelings i just can't ignore