Chapter Thirteen

After leaving the mall, they went back to Bella's house to get ready. Jason was at work and her parents just told her to have fun when she explained the situation. Then Viv ranted for thirty minutes about how great Bella's parents are. She wouldn't be able to go if it weren't for Omar playing, especially since the venue is forty five minutes to an hour away.

They each took a shower before getting dressed. Viv forced Bella to buy cute lacy under garments from that devil's place Victoria Secret. Despite having argued for at least ten minutes that no one would see it anyway, Viv had won. And although Bella would never admit it, the things made her feel sexy and beautiful.

Viv picked out a cute barlette for Bella, pairing that with black and great trousers. Then Bella pulled on the jacket Hale gave her earlier because she forgot hers, she was swimming in it. But she loved the way it looked on her. Bella already had chunky boots that completed Viv's vision for her look. Viv curls and styles Bella's dark brown hair, then racked Bella's jewelry for a simple necklace. She picked one with a gold mic pendant, given to her by her mom for her 16th birthday. Overall, Bella looked the same as she always did, but with a little look skin showing.

Viv picked a fitted crop top tank with wide straps. She put on a black sheer shirt over it, tucking it into the black mini skirt she bought. Bella lended her a silky blue oversized shirt and Viv wore cream and black checkered platform vans. Overall, Viv looked stunning, especially with the blue over shirt adding a pop of color.

Standing in the mirror, Viv snaps a photo. "I'm sending it to the guys so they know what they're missing out on. We're hot."

👶

The venue that Lasting Revival landed is huge. Much bigger and more modern than the shack that they usually play in. Since Viv and Bella had backstage passes, they were allowed into the bar, with neon bracelets to indicate their age. Inside was huge, almost the size of a ballroom. With a DJ booth positioned in the corner, to the left of that a large stage. A dance floor lead up to that area. The bar was situated on the top floor, which had balconies that over looked the whole first floor.

The party was in full swing, with plenty of college kids and young adults mulling around. Many were already drunk. Viv spots the guys setting up on stage and drags Bella towards the stage. Bella had managed to convince Ms. B to turn the baby off for tonight, starting at 5pm when they left town to 5am tomorrow morning. Although it was nice to be without Abbey, Bella felt bad.

"Relax, Bella!" Viv yells over the loud thumping of the bass music the DJ is playing. Hale looks over at Bella's stressed face and friends.

"I'm trying!" Bella yells back, a dull ache starting in her head already from the music.

Viv nods and waves to the boys. Now that she's confided in Bella about Dom, Bella notices the lingering looks that Dom throws Viv's way. And the pain in the girl's eyes when she has to look away. Omar grins at them, giving the two girls a thumbs up. Jinx is the only one who walks over, the others too busy getting mics checked or equipment put together.

He brushes his brown hair out of his eyes, crouching down at the edge of the stage. "Hey."

He smiles, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. Bella frowns at him, shuffling closer to the stage. She gives him a one armed hug. "You'll do great tonight."

"I know." He chuckles, winking as he leans down to hug Viv too. "I know you'll enjoy tonight as well."

"Testing, testing?" Hale speaks into his mic, grabbing people's attention. Jinx gives the girl's a thumbs up and jogs back to his place on stage right.