Chapter 39- Tom's Day

But seriously, guys, I don't know what I did to deserve this. 10k reads. That is a HUGE accomplishment for me. But I couldn't have done it without all of you<3 so, as we get closer to the end, I want to thank you all.

~

"But what if I did go to London with you?"

Tom sighs and squeezes my hand lightly as we walk, seeming as though he's dreading this conversation. But he can't dread this conversation. His answers will partly decide if I stay or if I go.

"Must we talk about this now?" He groans.

We were walking part of the way to the Empire State Building as we talked. We weren't actually going up in the building, on account to some of the terrible reviews I read about it being too crowded for some people to even get a look. And by just reading the word 'crowded', I decided that really wasn't a place Tom needs to go. Luckily, he understood and agreed with me.

So, for now, all we're going to do is look at it from the outside.

"Oh, let's see... I'd pay for your ticket there, just to save you the trouble. So we would arrive in London after a long flight, and I would drive you home in my fancy Jaguar, back to my flat. I'd give you the grand tour of my two-story place before falling asleep with you in my arms."

I roll my eyes lightly at his cheesiness, not sure if he's taking this seriously.

"And then I would take the next few days to show you my favorite parts of London, and I would take you to my niece's birthday party."

"Your niece's birthday party?" I ask, confused.

He just nods. "It's a week after I return. All of my family in London will be there, and it'll be hosted at my mum's house."

"That sounds like it's a lot of fun," I answer softly.

"It is," he says with a smile. But he's soon back on the subject of me and London. "We'd have someone ship most of your things over, too, and we'd get you all moved in to my place. I think my home would look a lot homier if it were more filled up."

"I wouldn't need much," I say. "Just the rest of my clothes I left at home."

"And your books," he grins. "Oh, you should see my library I have... But it can always use more books. Unless you want to separate our books, I have no problem with that."

I frown when he asks if I want to separate our books, instead of if I wanted to. All of this is just a big if. What about my friends back home, and my mother? Sure, I don't want to stay in that town with them forever, but I can't just pack up and leave again, can I? Especially with no explanation for them.

They'll ask me where I'll stay, and I'll say my 'boyfriend's' house. Then that offers more questions about how I got this sudden boyfriend. And there's the question of if I'll remain an American citizen, just on a visit in London, or if I'll go through all of the trouble to become a UK citizen, and stay with Tom for a long time. Even then I'd have to take time to visit my family.

"And then," Tom continues, "The first break I get from work, I'm taking you to Paris."

This is all starting to sound like a but of a dream now, and I wonder if this can truly be done. He's said he'd take me to Paris before, but this is the first time I'm considering it as a real possibility.

"And we'll go anywhere else you want to go as well, whether you want me to a company you, or if you choose to go alone."

I'm not sure what to say for some time, so I just stare at the ground as we walk, feeling his secure hand around mine.