Chapter 20: Danger

Start from the beginning

"Then I'm going to buy this,"

He changed back into the yellow sweatshirt he was wearing, and grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the cashier.

He paid for the shirt, and he handed me a shopping bag, smiling genuinely at me.

"This is for you,"

I looked down to the shopping back, before slowly grabbing it from his hand, looking into the bag.

My eyes shot wide opened as I saw a very beautiful sparkling dark purple dress, and it is an off shoulder and long dress.

"I hope you like it," he said, smiling sheepishly, rubbing his nape in an awkward manner.

I looked up to him, smiling in awe at him, "It's beautiful,"

"But I don't really like wearing dresses," I added, handing the shopping bag back to him.

"But you'll need it someday," he defended.

"But Jungkook--"

"Just take it, okay? I would feel disappointed if you're not accepting my gift," he insisted as I heaved out a sigh.

"Fine, I'll take this.", I said, and he held the shopping bag in his hand.

"Good, I'll carry it for you.", he smiled and intertwined our fingers together.

"Let's eat,"

And with that, we walked towards an elevator, heading to the highest floor where the food court would be.

We sat in a table of two, as I looked behind Jungkook, and saw the same guy, eyeing us cautiously.

"Shit, he keeps following us.", I cursed underneath my breath.

"I'm going to the washroom," Jungkook informed me, as I nodded.

He was about to leave, but then I grabbed his wrist, as he turned around.

"Hm?"

"Be careful," I said to him, worries written all over my face.

He placed his hand on mine, smiling, before nodding slowly. I thought all these heart flutters stop here.

But it didn't end there.

He brought his hand to my face, pinching my nose slightly.

"Stop worrying, okay?", he smiled, making his way towards the washroom.

"Guys, watch over Jungkook. He's heading to the toilet,"

"Robin-ah! The guy is coming in!", Jaeyi reported, and immediately, I was flooded with worries and anxiety.

"I'll watch over him. Jaeyi-ah, keep your eyes on them," Robin said and casually made his way towards the washroom.

"Got it. Jungkook-ah, act like you don't know Robin.", Jaeyi said to Jungkook in which he replied with a low 'yes' in between his fake cough.

According to Robin, Jungkook just came out of one of the cubicles, approaching the sink to wash his hands.

The guy earlier just came out of a cubicle, and he had his eyes fixed on Jungkook.

Robin is standing right next to him, also washing his hands, and there was nothing else than silence in the room.

"Guys, leave now. He's attempting to do something--GUYS! HE GOT A KNIFE!" Jaeyi, who is watching our every movement through CCTV warned.

I started to panick, "Gosh, guys! Just leave already!"

Obeying Jaeyi's instruction, Jungkook walked out of the washroom with Robin trailing behind him.

They parted ways, as Jungkook made his way towards our table while Robin went back to his previous position.

"Jaeyi-ah, contact Namjoon hyung to keep track of the guy. I put a hidden censor in the guy's jacket," Robin said.

"Ooh, Seo Robin!", Jaeyi teased, proud of his twin brother who indeed, made a good action.

Finishing the last bite of our food, we both headed out of the restaurant, right after Jungkook settled the bill.

"Shall we go home now?", I asked Jungkook, looking up to him.

"Sure," he said, and we both headed home.

"Wait, they're still after you both. Don't go home just yet," Jaeyi said.

"Alright," I replied in a low voice, not wanting to be heard by one of those guys.

"I'll distract those guys," Robin volunteered, as we both walked towards the exit in a moderate pace.

Now that the other guy has left to the washroom, Robin just needs to distract one of them.

From afar, we could see Robin purposely bumped himself onto the guy, and right at that moment, Jungkook held my hand tight, running out of the mall, dragging me along with him.

We've reached my car, as I quickly drove away from the mall, heading home.

While I was driving, my ringtone came off, and thinking that it might be one of the twins, I answered the call, without bothering to look at the caller's ID.

I put it on speaker, just in case they need to talk to Jungkook too. But out of my expectation, it was an unfamiliar voice speaking.

"Hello, Min Eunyeon. Having a good time with your boyfriend, I see.", the guy spoke at the other line.

I turned my head towards Jungkook's direction, eyes wide, as I focused back on the road.

"Who are you--", I stopped as the guy ended the call, leaving me clueless.

"Who was that?", Jungkook asked.

"I don't know,"

"Eunyeon-ssi," Jungkook spoke lowly, as I looked at him for a while, as the traffic light goes red.

"I don't think they're aiming for me,"

"I think they're going after...you,"