Happy New Year (2019) (Noah Centineo)

*his position*
Imagine..
..soon is New Years Eve and I have no one to celebrate with..expect my family and friends, of course.
So I decided to make something different this year, something I haven't done before on New Years Eve, I'm so excited!
It will be weird to not celebrate with my family and friends, but I need that, I need the break from everything and anyone.
Tomorrow I'll be sitting in an airplane and fly far away from my hometown.

In the following morning I'm already awake and sitting in the car to the airport!
The next hours of flying and waiting can be sooo long, so I have some books with me. At the moment I'm reading „Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, it's fantastic, I love it so much!

Finally arrived in Toledo!!! It's amazing here, the perfect place for new adventures!
I have my own holiday cabin here, so it's quit and I can relax, before the event.
I've planned to go to an event here in Toledo, it's kind of a high society event, where I was invited for and finally going to it. The last years I always declined the invitation, because this isn't me and not my world, but I said to myself, try it and if you dislike it, you don't need to go again.
And this New Years Eve need to be special, so another reason to go there.

After a few days of relaxing and reading, I need to get ready for the event! I put on my black smoking with fancy shoes and don't do anything with my hair, they are great as they are and anyway I can't do anything against those curls of my brown hair.

I arrived and no paparazzi, my luck, because I hate all the lights in my face and that fake big smiling for the pics.

„Noah Centineo! Welcome! Long time, no see!"

I heard a mens voice behind me and turning around.

„Yes, hey! Good to see you again, James!"

I'm smiling like an idiot, I never knew that he is hosting this event.
The New Years Eve Event is every year on a random place, just the people which are invited know where exactly the place is, so it makes it even more special! That's why they are no paparazzi here, but security, lots of it, just to be sure.

After some greetings, I'm finally alone and can bring me a drink.

,,Noah! Hey"

I'm turning around and one of my friends is standing right in front of me.

,,Charlie! Great to see you, how are you, man?"

"Great great and you?"

Before I could answer, a young beautiful lady catches my eyes and gave Charlie a kiss on his cheeks. Damn it, his girlfriend.

,,Hi, Noah I guess? I'm y/n. Nice to meet you!"

I'm totally in shock and needed some seconds to answer.

,,Yes, I'm Noah, nice to meet you too, y/n!"

She smiles back at me and I'm nervous now.
After some small talk about everything, I can't get her out of my mind. I know she is his girlfriend, but damn she is so pretty and smart, I can't stop.

It's almost midnight and everyone starting to freaking out, except me, I mean yes, new year - new adventures, but to be honest, it's all the same like this year, except some changes. You are getting older - you celebrate with family and friends their birthdays, all the same. And maybe some new projects coming up, but I don't say anything.
It's sad that I don't have one to kiss at midnight, I can choose a random person to do it, but that would be insane, even for me.
Y/n comes over to me.

,,Hey Noah, what's your plan here? I've watched you now for hours and you've done nothing, just drinking some Softdrinks."

She is curious, I like it.

,,First, why are you watching me? And second, that's me, just drinking Softdrinks and watching all the other people to laugh about them, with myself, it's my thing and reading of course."

I smile at her and give her a friendly side look. She looks at me too and answers me fast.

,,Okay, Centineo, about what are you laughing so bad at the people?"

Smart question.

,,Do you see the guy on the dance floor? He is drunk and dancing like he is on drugs, hilarious. Oh wait, that's your boyfriend. Oops."

I'm not sorry at all, but she doesn't have to know. But she smiles.

,,He isn't my boyfriend, just a friend, but yeah he is drunk and I hate it, so I'm here with you."

Interesting.

,,So, you don't drink?"

She shakes her head.

,,Nope, never do, never will and I need to drive."

She laughs and I need to laugh too.

,,I need to drive too, so no drinks for me today too."

She looks at me.

,,But do you wanna dance with me til midnight?"

I wasn't expecting that kind of question, but we moving to the dance floor and dancing.
A few minutes later, the countdown begin and we all standing together and count from 10, it's exciting now to start in a new year.
As the clock turned to 12, we all celebrate the new beginning and I never expecting that she would kiss me on midnight, but she did.

This Event wasn't that bad as I expected, maybe this year again, but with a girlfriend.