Epilogue: "A Very Sweet Ending Please."

Start from the beginning

She took a seat next to the bed, sitting there with the sword on her lap. Not closing her eyes that needed rest, as I stared at her profile, she the door.

It was so different from how we met. I almost forgot, I found her floating in the ocean. It's odd when you know someone so long, you almost forget how you met. I was so mean to her from the start, and yet she still loved me.

Now, we barely talked, and yet she still had a sacrificing love for me. Mia had to be the most caring person I knew. It seemed as if she did everything for me.

And yet I gave nothing back. I should help her back, it's what couples do, help each other.

"Mia..." I sat up. "You should sleep to."

She only smiled and shook her head. "Go to sleep, Fire Lord."

Her words almost sounded like permission, as I found myself climbing back in bed.

I still looked at her, that olive skin seemed so soft, her lips so precious, her eyes her most beautiful complexion.

—————

Somehow I found it was morning, I had fallen asleep. Finally feeling refreshed, I yawned. Turning to see, Mia still sitting there. Still awake.

She gave me a tired smile, nodding her head.

"You didn't stay up all night?"

"Anything to get you to sleep." Mia stood up. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to sleep." She walked to me and kissed my forehead, staying right there for a few seconds.

As she began to walk away, I grabbed her wrists and pulled her to my level, and laid my lips to hers, letting the moment last. With Mia I felt things I hadn't felt before.

I felt, warm, loved, and safe.

"Mia..." I let our lips pull apart, still inches away. "Will you marry me?"

————Kyo — after Sozin's Comet———

It was late in the Fire Nation capital, I was making my way to the prison. It had been four days since Sozin's Comet, I had been going to Azula's prison cell everyday. She was always bitter towards me, yet I couldn't blame her.

I cracked the prison door open just enough for me to step in, then sat in front of Azula's cell.

There she sat in the far corner, in a ball almost hiding in the shadows.

It was odd really— before she was on the visiting side of the bars, now it was the opposite.

"Azula?" I moved the food I brought closer to the bars.

"Go away, Kyo..." Azula's voice was soft, broken almost.

"I brought you, your favorite." I tried to force a smile, failing badly.

"I doubt it." She kept her arms folded in the corner.

"Azula...?" I didn't know what to say, how to make things right again. If they ever were. "Princess?" She kept her eyes fixed to the wall. "I know you're mad at me. I get it." I sighed, looking at the steaming food. "But I was just trying to help you—"

"Help?! You call betraying me help?!" She snapped, now looking at me, making me jump inside. "Then you are a bad friend!" Azula went back to looking at the stone wall. "And I was a fool to think you otherwise..." That cunning voice broke, closing those ember eyes, holding herself tighter.

"I know I hurt you. And I'm so sorry! I can't offer anything to convince you, but I am!" I cling to the bars. "Azula, please!" I bite my lip hoping Azula could listen.