Chapter 30

Zoya stood by the bedroom window and look out, lost in her thoughts. She was back in Hooda mansion and she stood in her and Aditya's bedroom at the moment. No one spoke when they saw Yash enter the cafeteria. Zoya and Yash locked eyes and then he sat at a different table with some of his other friends. The car ride back was extremely quiet and now Zoya stood by the window, lost in her thoughts. Of course Yash would return. He was only gone for a training camp...and that camp had to end sometime. Zoya closed her eyes.

*Flashback Start*

As Zoya walked out of her last class for the day, Yash's voice stopped her. "Zoya." He simply said.

Zoya stopped and turned to stare at him. Was he really standing in front of her? Was this real? Zoya felt a sharp pain shoot through her heart...yea...this was real.

"What do want Yash?" Zoya asked.

"I want to talk...please...to explain myself." Yash asked, his eyes emotional.

"Not right now...I have something I need to do." Zoya didn't wait for Yash's response as Zoya made her exit has quick as possible.

*Flashback End*

'Should she hear Yash out?' Zoya contemplated the idea. What would that achieve? She was married now...it's not like she would jump back into Yash's arms. He broke her heart...but Yash was also her first love. Can she ever get over him? Zoya rubbed a hand over her face as her heartache returned. She suddenly felt extremely tired.

She didn't even hear Aditya approach her until he was standing next to her by the window. He didn't ask any questions, he simply waited.

"He wants to talk to me..." Zoya murmured.

"Do you want to talk to him?" Aditya asked, trying to control his own emotions. She looked sad again...and he hated that.

"I don't know..." Zoya replied. There was an uncomfortable silence between them.

"Do you still love him?" Aditya asked, a little afraid of the answer. Zoya closed her eyes, feeling utterly confused.

"I don't know..." Zoya replied again honestly. She didn't realize that those words broke Aditya's heart.

He looked away, making sure that Zoya didn't see his sad face. "What do you want to do?" Aditya asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Completely oblivious to Aditya's inner turmoil, Zoya replied, "I think...I'll stay with ammi and abbu for a few days...clear my head?" Zoya suggested.

Aditya felt the dagger in his heart. "Yes...that is a good idea...I'll drop you off." With that said, Aditya turned around and left the room.

A little stunned at Aditya's abrupt response, Zoya looked on at Aditya's retreating back. He was so quick to agree. He didn't even ask her to stay back. Was it really that easy for Aditya to let Zoya go? Feeling all kinds of emotions, Zoya turned and started packing her bag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You let her go!?" Arjun yelped, a ridiculous look on his face as he stared at Aditya. "And you actually dropped her off yourself....WHAT!?" Arjun shrieked again, trying to make sense of the situation.

Aditya didn't respond. He simply stood by the window and looked out. Arjun turned to Noor, who was sitting next to him. "He just let her go!?" Arjun repeated, in a high pitched voice.

After Aditya dropped off Zoya at their parents' house, Zoya went straight to her room and closed the door. When Noor tried to talk to Zoya, Zoya simply said she needed time to think. Aditya didn't say much either and left. Knowing that damage control was needed, Noor decided to go to Hooda mansion and walked in when Aditya was telling Arjun that he dropped off Zoya at Siddiqui mansion.

Noor placed a hand on Arjun's shoulder, indicating that she will try. Noor walked up to Aditya and stood next to him. "Adi bhaiya...aisa kyon kiya?" Noor asked gently.

Aditya didn't respond. He continued to look out the window, lost in his thoughts. That dagger he felt in his heart remained...and it twisted with each moment he was away from Zoya. It was hard to put into words what he was feeling. Heartbreak was usually very hard to describe. It felt like...his heart had an open wound that won't stop bleeding.

Noor placed a hand on Aditya's arm, "Jiju...aisa kyon kiya?" Noor asked, this time more firmly.

That got Aditya's attention. Jiju...he turned to look at Noor, his eyes expressing his broken heart. "Kyon ki mein usse deewano ki tarah mohabat karta hoon." Aditya confessed, "...aur agar uski kushi Yash ke saath hai...toh yahin sahi." Aditya murmured, his voice filled with emotion.

Noor and Arjun exchanged a look. Noor then turned her attention to Aditya again, "Jiju...why don't you tell appi how you feel?"

"No Noor." Aditya argued, "Zoya needs to figure out her own feelings first. If she finds out that I love her...she may feel obligated to come back to me. Tum dono jaante ho ke humara shaadi kis halaat mein hui. I don't want Zoya to settle with me because she feels obligated...I want her to choose me. Mein chaata hoon ke woh meri mohabat ko pehchane." Aditya looked at Noor with pleading eyes, "Noor...please...don't tell Zoya anything."

Noor's own eyes were wet. Only a fool would not see the love Aditya had for Zoya. "Shaq tha...aaj yakeen ho gaya." Noor said, her voice cracking a little as she fought her tears.

"Kya?" Aditya asked.

"Ke Zoya appi ko pyaar aap se zyaada aur koi nahin kar sakta." Noor said, "Fikar mat kijiye...Zoya appi aap hi ke paas wapas ayegi." Noor said in a soothing tone, which caused Aditya to give Noor a small smile.

When Arjun and Noor exited Aditya's room to give him some privacy, Noor turned to Arjun with concerned eyes.

"Arjun...I know that no one is better for Zoya appi than Adi jiju...but what if Zoya appi chooses Yash?" She voiced her fear.

"That won't happen." Arjun said, getting a determined look on his face. Noor knew that look, "Arjun...Jiju said not to do anything." Noor warned, knowing her fiancé's every move.

Arjun had a glint in his eyes, indicating that his brains were working something out, "Bhai told you not to say anything...he didn't tell me anything." Arjun reasoned.

"Arjun..." Noor said in a warning tone.

"Arre don't worry." Arjun said in a comforting tone, "You trust me right?" When Noor nodded, Arjun continued, "Look, we promised that if bhai and babhi ever lost their way you and I would help them find each other right? I won't tell Zoya babhi anything about bhai's feelings...I'll just nudge her in the right direction." Arjun said, pulling Noor into his arms for a comforting hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! thank you for being so patient! here is the next part. please don't forget to comment! your comments keep me going!