Chapter 26

Siddiqui Mansion was in utter chaos. Tonight was Arjun and Noor's engagement party and the whole house was in a roar trying to complete all preparations.

Arjun walked down the hallway carrying trays filled with sweets. As soon as he entered the ballroom, someone called out his name.

"Arjun!" Arjun turned to see Zoya approaching him. "Arjun aap humara ek kaam karenge?"

"Haan haan babhi...hukum kijiye" Arjun replied, placing the tray of sweets at a nearby table.

Smiling at the new endearment, Zoya instructed Arjun to check on the floral arrangements at the main staircase.

"Please go check on it Arjun. I would do it myself but Noor has to start getting ready soon." Zoya said as she exited the ballroom.

As instructed, Arjun went to the main staircase to see the flowers still sitting in their baskets. Arjun looked around and spotted one of the decorators.

"Oh bhaisaab! Aap kya phool guests aane ke badh lagayenge?" Arjun asked.

"Sorry Sir, we'll get to it right away." The decorator said and yelled at a few helpers to start working on the floral arrangements.

In the meantime, Aditya helped the DJ set up his equipment. The music selection was all set and ready to go.

"Adi beta!" Aditya turned as someone called his name and saw Roshnaq approach him. "Haan Roshnaq maa?" he asked.

"Beta, can you please put this in Zoya's room? She wanted to wear this tonight" Roshnaq said, handing Aditya a jewelry box. Following orders, Aditya made his way to Zoya's childhood room. Completely at home, Aditya entered Zoya's room without knocking...as usual.

Zoya jumped in surprise as Aditya walked in. "Aditya! Why don't you ever knock?" Zoya scolded, this argument between them never ending.

Aditya placed the jewelry boxes on Zoya's bed and gave her an 'are you kidding me look?' "Arre...I'm your husband now...ab kya knock karna?" Aditya replied and sat on Zoya's bed getting comfortable.

Zoya opened her mouth to reply back, but didn't have a comeback. Aditya did have a point. Shrugging, Zoya turned to her closet and looked at the hanging outfits. Confused at which outfit she should wear, Zoya pulled out a pretty green colored lehenga and a stunning mauve colored lace sheer sari.

"Aditya, tell me which one I should wear tonight." Zoya said, holding both outfits up for Aditya to see.

Aditya looked at the two outfits and then looked at Zoya. "Does it really matter? It's not your engagement." Aditya reasoned.

"No...but I still have to look presentable. I'm the bride's older sister after all." Zoya replied, in a matter of fact tone.

Aditya looked into Zoya's eyes, his voice turning low, "No matter what you wear..." he began. Zoya felt her breath catch, anticipating Aditya's next words. "...you will still..." he murmured, his voice turning seductive, "...look fat." Aditya finished, and started laughing.

Zoya's jaw dropped and she tossed her clothes and lunged at Aditya. "Aditya! I'm going to kill you!" Zoya yelled, jumping on the bed and hitting Aditya. He dodged her attacks and continued to laugh. Knowing full well that Aditya was not serious, Zoya laughed as well as they fought. At one point, Zoya started tickling Aditya, getting her revenge when she discovered he was extremely ticklish on his stomach.

"Zoya!" Aditya yelped in between laughs. Zoya continued to dig her nails into his stomach, grinning.

Aditya was able to grab one of Zoya's hands, but Zoya laughed and continued to tickle him with her free hand. Aditya shifted and was able to grab Zoya's free hand and pin her under him. Both were still laughing, the moment so childish. As their laughter died down, their closeness became obvious.