Chapter 18

Aditya squinted as the first rays of sunlight hit his face. He turned and tried to avoid waking up. But as he started to turn, his arm got stuck. 'Odd...' Aditya opened one eye to see what was wrong and came face to face with Zoya, peacefully sleeping with her head on his arm.

His breath hitched...my god she was beautiful. He always knew that Zoya Siddiqui was attractive...but man was she always this breathtakingly beautiful?

A gust of wind came into the room and blew a lock of hair over Zoya's sleeping face. Aditya stared at her...mesmerized. She was captivating him without even trying. Aditya reached up and very carefully, removed the lock of hair from Zoya's face.

Zoya shift slightly and snuggled closer to Aditya's warm body. Aditya froze, trying extremely hard to not move and wake Zoya.

~Tujhe jeet jeet haaroon~

Aditya felt his arm getting a little numb, but he still didn't move. Zoya was finally sleeping peacefully, and he wanted to make sure that she remained undisturbed.

~Yeh praan praan varoon~

He felt this intense need to protect her...at all cost. He couldn't really pinpoint how it came to this. But he couldn't bear to see Zoya hurting. When he saw Zoya hurting...somehow...his heart started hurting for her.

~Hai aise main nihaaroon...Teri aarti utaaroon~

Aditya couldn't seem to look away. He studied the curve of her cheek, the dip on her upper lip, the thick lashes. There was something so angelic about her.

~Tere naam se jurde hai saare naate ~

Aditya could barely remember a time where he didn't know Zoya. They have known each other since childhood and have had their lives intertwined for decades. Was there ever a time...where Zoya and Aditya were not connected to each other?

~Saiyyan...~

Seeing Zoya shift again, Aditya gently lifted her head and removed his arm, placing her on the pillow. He was careful to not wake her and rolled off the bed. He adjusted the blanket around her and started walking towards the door. Giving Zoya's sleeping form one last look and trying to understand what was happening inside him...Aditya quietly slipped out of the bedroom.

~Saiyyan...~

What Aditya didn't notice, however, was that Zoya in her sleeping state, drifted to Aditya's previously occupied space. She unconsciously snuggled into the warmth he left behind and let out a peaceful sigh.

*************************************

Aditya stepped out of the shower and saw Arjun sitting on his bed. "Arjun?" Aditya asked, surprised to see his little brother up so early.

"Morning Bhai...I actually...wanted to talk to you about something..." Arjun said, hesitantly.

Sensing that his little brother was serious, Aditya sat down next to Arjun and gave him his undivided attention. "Kya hua Arjun? Sab teek hai?" Aditya asked, placing a comforting hand on Arjun's shoulder.

Arjun smiled at the gesture. He knew it. He knew that if anyone can give him undenying support...it would be his Bhai.

Arjun reached into his pocket and took out the little velvet box. He popped open the lid and showed Aditya the engagement ring nestled inside.

Aditya's eyes widened seeing the ring and he looked at Arjun. "You're thinking of proposing to Noor?" Aditya asked, astonished.

Arjun nodded, confirming. "I can't see spending my life with anyone else Bhai. And besides...mein bas propose karna chaata hoon...we both talked about it and decided that we don't want to get married until after college. But...I just want to propose and show her how serious I am about us..." Arjun explained. "Am I doing the right thing?" Arjun asked, knowing that Aditya will always guide him in the right direction.