Chapter 24

Zoya looked at Aditya's side profile as he drove. They were almost at Hooda mansion. When Harshvardhan uncle called that night, he didn't reveal much over the phone. He just said that something urgent as come up and Aditya needs to return as soon as possible. It was clear that something was terribly wrong. Harsh sounded extremely nervous and as a result, Aditya and Zoya have been tense ever since the phone call. They grabbed their belongings and left immediately, driving through the night.

Zoya's thoughts went to what happened before the phone call, and her face automatically flushed. That was...something. Zoya had never experienced anything like that in her whole life...never. It was so...crazy. With Yash...it was always sweet and soft. But with Aditya...Zoya thought, her heartbeat increasing at the mere thought of it...it was hot...fast...passionate...and just plain crazy. She felt...desired...and it was a good feeling.

And those words he spoke to her... "tum par sirf mera haq hai"...did he mean it? He was angry...but did he really mean those words? Zoya won't deny the attraction that was between her and Aditya...but what he said just made their relationship so much deeper than attraction. Was she even ready for something deeper?

Just as the first rays of the rising sun peaked through the dark night, they pulled up the Hooda drive way. Zoya and Aditya exited the vehicle and as Zoya turned, about to walk towards the entrance of the house, Aditya's voice stopped her.

"Zoya..." Aditya said, breaking Zoya away from her thoughts.

"Hmm?" She asked, turning and facing Aditya, indicating that he had her attention.

"About last night..." Aditya began, trying to find the right words. What happened between them completely blew his mind away. But he definitely wasn't expecting to jump her like that. It was so unexpected and he wanted to make sure that he didn't scare her.

"I'm sorry..." Aditya uttered, not sure what else to say.

Zoya frowned, surprised that she felt insulted at his apology. Did he regret their kiss last night? Did he regret all those words?

Seeing the look on Zoya's face, Aditya instantly knew that he said the wrong thing. When Zoya turned to walk away, Aditya grabbed her hand. "No!" He said, making her stop. "That's not how I meant it."

When Zoya turned to face Aditya again, he let out a frustrated breath and held on to Zoya's hand tighter. "I just...I was just in a really bad mood...and I'm sorry that I was rough...I never wanted our first kiss to be...like that...I don't want to scare you..." Aditya trailed off, trying to be careful with his words this time around.

Zoya's breath caught at his words. Their first kiss...hearing him say it only made it more real. "Aditya...you didn't scare me...I...don't regret it..." Zoya said, her face flushing when she said those words.

A gleam entered Aditya's eyes hearing those words. "Yea?" He asked, liking her response. Aditya gently tugged on Zoya's hand, pulling her to him. When Zoya didn't stop him, Aditya wrapped his arms around her waist and held her. Automatically, Zoya placed her hands on Aditya's arms and stared at his smug expression.

It didn't annoy her. Now days...nothing about Aditya seemed to annoy her. A few months ago, Zoya would have scoffed at how arrogant Aditya was...but now...she found this side of him charming. She found his possessiveness charming. This was another revelation...and she didn't know how process this new development.

"Aditya...?" Zoya said, "humare beech...yeh kya ho raha hai...?" she asked softly, so confused at what she was feeling right now. She already accepted the fact that she was insanely attracted to Aditya...but these tender moments between them confused her...what he said to her in the heat of the moment confused her.